wiki spambots

Started by hotdogcat, Oct 30, 2014, 12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotdogcat

Any developer or betatester can clear the wiki from spambots? they edited the main page

http://wiki.vc-mp.org/index.php?title=Main_Page

Credits to Bart.

Sebastian

what the ...
Thank you for reporting this, I fixed it.

Sk

y the fuck so many spam bots are registering in our wiki idk may be admin approval will be good for this matter any name thats not bullshit will be approved

hotdogcat

i think that they need close the wiki registration and open a topic in forum where members can apply like in past, just see how many spambots has been registred http://wiki.vc-mp.org/index.php?title=Special:ActiveUsers

Credits to Bart.

Sebastian

Noobspamzers:
QuoteϺƴ name is Marcella (24 yeɑrs old) and my hobbies are Swimming and Muѕical instruments.

QuoteUser:BrandonMacghey
Hі, everybodү!
I'm Korean male :D.
I гeally love Two and a Half Men!

QuoteMy hoƅby is mainly Genealogʏ.
I ɑlso try to learn Italian in my sƿare time.

QuoteМy namе iѕ Marguerite and ӏ am studying Dancе and Continuing Educɑtion and Summer Sessions at Unterbеrgen / Austгia.

QuoteI'm Teresa and I live in a seaside city in northern Netherlands, Gouda. I'm 30 and I'm will soon finish my study at Africana Studies.

hotdogcat

every one minute there are a spambot more
20:31, 30 October 2014 User account Wyuohrazo (Talk | contribs) was created
20:31, 30 October 2014 User account DanaYMVXmejooq (Talk | contribs) was created
20:30, 30 October 2014 User account JeanaHager (Talk | contribs) was created
20:29, 30 October 2014 User account ZellaHanley (Talk | contribs) was created
20:29, 30 October 2014 User account WilfordC39 (Talk | contribs) was created
20:29, 30 October 2014 User account CathyHeitmann (Talk | contribs) was created
20:28, 30 October 2014 User account LamontSpellman (Talk | contribs) was created
20:27, 30 October 2014 User account KristinUhg (Talk | contribs) was created
20:26, 30 October 2014 User account JavierMargolin (Talk | contribs) was created
20:26, 30 October 2014 User account RoscoeSokdt (Talk | contribs) was created
20:25, 30 October 2014 User account Eakpdyrev (Talk | contribs) was created
20:25, 30 October 2014 User account ArianneR78 (Talk | contribs) was created
20:25, 30 October 2014 User account ZacheryEisenhow (Talk | contribs) was created
20:24, 30 October 2014 User account PoppyWinston (Talk | contribs) was created

Credits to Bart.

Stormeus

Fun fact: about 5,000 spambots were registered, all from China.

Right, so the antispam extension that was used was cracked by spambots and that's probably on me for using stupid questions as well as not using REcaptcha. A REcaptcha has been put up on the registration page and a DNS blacklist has been set up to block known spammers from registering and editing.

To deal with the issue of collateral damage already caused, the wiki is being nuked.

If you registered on the wiki within the last 7 days, you were probably nuked and had your edits reverted and have been blocked. PM me your wiki username if you've been blocked to be unblocked.

Honey

Sebastian

ysc3839

Quote from: stormeus on Oct 31, 2014, 02:48 AMFun fact: about 5,000 spambots were registered, all from China.

Right, so the antispam extension that was used was cracked by spambots and that's probably on me for using stupid questions as well as not using REcaptcha. A REcaptcha has been put up on the registration page and a DNS blacklist has been set up to block known spammers from registering and editing.

To deal with the issue of collateral damage already caused, the wiki is being nuked.

If you registered on the wiki within the last 7 days, you were probably nuked and had your edits reverted and have been blocked. PM me your wiki username if you've been blocked to be unblocked.
Hello. My account have been blocked but I can't receive any confirm email. Can you help me? Account name:ysc3839

Stormeus

ysc3839, Sk and soulshaker have been unblocked.

Stormeus

Unfortunately the spambots are still coming back. The wiki has been put behind CloudFlare and is now using Bad Behavior/Project Honeypot to catch suspicious traffic. If it continues, registrations will be disabled and we'll revert to the "editor requests only" model.

Drake