player.SetMarker - how it works?

Started by rww, May 26, 2018, 03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rww

Today, I testing a player.SetMarker function and... Idk how it works.

In onPlayerSpawn event I put a line with SetMarker function. Every test I change a number, save script and reset server.

test 1:
player.SetMarker(22);
test 2:
player.SetMarker(0);
test 3:
player.SetMarker(1);
test 4:
player.SetMarker(3);

And I didn't see any difference?

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

I want to change a player marker to another (icon)

Edit:

Sorry, I know now why doesn't work...
void CPlayer::SetMarker(int nDummy) { functions->TogglePlayerHasMarker(this->nPlayerId, 1); }
void CPlayer::RemoveMarker() { functions->TogglePlayerHasMarker(this->nPlayerId, 0); }

So, in VC-MP it's impossible to change a player blip (or vehicle)?
Join to Irrelevant Club Discord: https://discord.gg/MsPPZ5uV4X

Xmair

The .SetMarker function undoes what .RemoveMarker does iirc.
Yes it's impossible to change blip for a player or vehicle. (unless you just add huge blips for everyone which can't be noticed and are updated every time the instance is moved, but by even using that you'll exceed the marker limit)

Credits to Boystang!

VU Full Member | VCDC 6 Coordinator & Scripter | EG A/D Contributor | Developer of VCCNR | Developer of KTB | Ex-Scripter of EAD

=RK=MarineForce

Player.SetMarker( int iColour )

BY WIki

how to make this ? Xmair in ead server wo hen i press h show Help Message how to do it?

player distance

Xmair

Credits to Boystang!

VU Full Member | VCDC 6 Coordinator & Scripter | EG A/D Contributor | Developer of VCCNR | Developer of KTB | Ex-Scripter of EAD

rww

Quote from: =RK=MarineForce on May 27, 2018, 12:44 AMPlayer.SetMarker( int iColour )

BY WIki

how to make this ? Xmair in ead server wo hen i press h show Help Message how to do it?

player distance

for colour you have player.Colour ;)

player.SetMarker() only enable blip on radar, it's the opposite function to player.RemoveMarker()

@Stormeus @maxorator if you are planning any more updates, there is a chance to update like this? (blip and arrow above player/vehicle).

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
Join to Irrelevant Club Discord: https://discord.gg/MsPPZ5uV4X