[tut] Placing 2dfx light on your custom object

Started by Sebastian, Jun 01, 2018, 10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Hey there!
I was gonna place some 2dfx lights today, and I was like "why not recording a tutorial?"
I'm pretty sure there are a lot of guys not able to, so this will help them out.

BLENDER software will offer you the needed coords.

https://youtu.be/QkSZR9mbsHA

2DFX Documentation

kennedyarz

Xmair

Thanks a lot dude I honestly was looking forward to someone to make a good tutorial out of 2dfx lights.

Credits to Boystang!

VU Full Member | VCDC 6 Coordinator & Scripter | EG A/D Contributor | Developer of VCCNR | Developer of KTB | Ex-Scripter of EAD

Sebastian

Quote from: vitogta on Jun 02, 2018, 07:10 AMActually you can find coords just by shooting object then calculate local object coords from world coords without any third party software.

Yeah, you are right; Why don't you record a video about that, so people can choose ? :)
Let's do more tutorials guys, so everybody will know how things works and what alternatives they have.

MatheuS

if( !sucess ) tryAgain();
Thanks to the VCMP community. It was the happiest period of my life.

NicusorN5

Tbh you can also place the object at (0,0,0) and find it's offset for it's light.

Sebastian

Quote from: Athanatos(^_^) on Jun 02, 2018, 06:11 PMTbh you can also place the object at (0,0,0) and find it's offset for it's light.

You are right. indeed. That must be the most basic way to do it, without any math operations.
But, getting newbies used to such a program, might push them to more than just placing a light. :)
You never know.