Fireside chat: the future of VC:MP

Started by Stormeus, Jun 02, 2018, 06:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: vitogta on Jun 10, 2018, 03:05 PM...For example will be official squirrel plugin be supported or SLC will move us to his one? ...

You just assumed I will be a developer on the VC:MP mod. You guys should really not assume these things.

Cool

The plugin should not be changed since we all are used to official plugin and to its functions

Stormeus

Quote from: vitogta on Jun 10, 2018, 04:57 PMIt's a bit unfair when beta-testers knows what planned in future and people who coding does not know what to wait. VCMP needs to be more opened in this aspect.

Not really. The concept of limited beta testing has more or less fallen by the wayside since the devs could make changes, test them internally, push them to the public, and then immediately push bugfixes if we failed to catch something. We could definitely make use of an active beta testing team to better polish our releases though.

Even then there hasn't been anything terribly exciting to report. The past week has been spent upgrading our web servers' operating systems, the forum software, the wiki, etc. and making sure that we can still SSH into them. This is why some people might've noticed the forum, update server, masterlist and such intermittently going offline.

As far as transparency goes:
  • We have a bug tracker that I've been using for tracking issues for releases.
  • I have a crude server plugin for writing scripts in .NET (so C#, VB.NET, etc.) on my Bitbucket profile that I've been making very small incremental changes to. It's extremely incomplete right now; I originally started writing it a long time ago for Argonath but got stuck on a server crash that would regularly occur, which got fixed only very recently.

Shadow

Quote from: Stormeus on Jun 10, 2018, 06:25 PMWe could definitely make use of an active beta testing team to better polish our releases though.

It would be nice if the beta testers had something to test though. :P
QuotePS:is trash is ur home language??

Castagna

Quote from: Shadow on Jun 10, 2018, 06:31 PM
Quote from: Stormeus on Jun 10, 2018, 06:25 PMWe could definitely make use of an active beta testing team to better polish our releases though.

It would be nice if the beta testers had something to test though. :P
Indeed. Also we did the job while 0.4 was being developed.

nippon

The problem nowadays is that some rats are focusing on destroying this game with many ways like a dynamic ban evader, and some other stuff like aimlock or yeah i think you already know about it.

I do not know scripting but i still think that the VC:MP developers team can set some scripts to block  the edition of game memory by some softwares. It's really sad to see a 10 years game getting without support or new scripts.

I know developers have all of them his own life , but i don't think that they are busy 24h and never getting a free time.

KAKAN

One option is to get a license of easy Anti-Cheat. But, they probably won't license it as it's a unofficial mod to the game.
oh no

ysc3839

:'( :'( :'( Nobody knows me...
(The forum doesn't support emoji. I want to use this.)

NicusorN5

Quote from: ysc3839 on Jun 23, 2018, 04:31 PM:'( :'( :'( Nobody knows me...
Just copy-paste an image.

ysc3839

Quote from: Athanatos(^_^) on Jun 23, 2018, 05:28 PM
Quote from: ysc3839 on Jun 23, 2018, 04:31 PM:'( :'( :'( Nobody knows me...
Just copy-paste an image.
You will get a very big one.

Stormeus

Quote from: vitogta on Jul 01, 2018, 12:06 AM
Quote from: Stormeus on Jun 10, 2018, 06:25 PM
  • We have a bug tracker that I've been using for tracking issues for releases.
some links like

https://bugs.vc-mp.org/browse/VCMP-140
[VCMP-140] As a scripter, I want to create client-side map markers, spheres, checkpoints, etc. - Vice City: Multiplayer JIRA

are not available for non-users anymore.

Yeah, the database has been reverted to a version from about a week ago so some recently created issues have disappeared.

The new reference for that issue is http://bugs.vc-mp.org/browse/VCMP-139.

BeckzyBoi

I'll say it again - VC-MP needs some sort of promo.

NicusorN5

Quote from: BeckzyBoi on Jul 01, 2018, 04:35 AMI'll say it again - VC-MP needs some sort of promo.
Pfft. Players still prefer sa-mp and mta.

Sebastian

Quote from: Athanatos on Jul 01, 2018, 09:37 AMPfft. Players still prefer sa-mp and mta.

Give players good playground, and they will play no matter what.