Client Update 0.4.6 Released (2018-06-23)

Started by Stormeus, Jun 24, 2018, 12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stormeus

Despite the name, this is a minor update to 0.4.5 that requires netcode changes to the client and server.
  • Fixed player positions/vehicle positions/gunfire positions being inaccurate.
  • Fixed players appearing to shoot backwards when looking behind.
  • To aid debugging, the client now reports RenderWare error codes as part of its crash dumps.
This update will take effect upon reloading the browser and joining a 04rel006 server.

nippon

I really don't know if this question has been asked before or not as it's something that everybody asks nowadays.

Will there or is there some features in the new updates for anticheat or something?

Stormeus

Quote from: nippon on Jun 24, 2018, 01:44 AMI really don't know if this question has been asked before or not as it's something that everybody asks nowadays.

Will there or is there some features in the new updates for anticheat or something?

Who says there aren't? Whether or not there are any anticheat changes, I'm not going to document them in any meaningful detail. That'd be handing over a list of targets.

nippon

I don't want from you to detail the anticheat stuff, just to inform us that there is a work on it, thats all.

kennedyarz

Quote from: nippon on Jun 24, 2018, 01:48 AMI don't want from you to detail the anticheat stuff, just to inform us that there is a work on it, thats all.

you are a hacks developer
XDDDDDD

Kelvin Garcia Mendoza

Server showing wrong message when killing with Laser Sniper Rifle. (I didn't test it with Sniper Rifle)

https://youtu.be/J3TVnuLjoSE

Stormeus

Quote from: vitogta on Jun 24, 2018, 08:50 AM
Quote from: nippon on Jun 24, 2018, 01:48 AMI don't want from you to detail the anticheat stuff, just to inform us that there is a work on it, thats all.
Yes there is some anticheat parts were added in rel005, dunno about 006. But it wont affect to many popular cheating methods in vc-mp.

Would you mind being helpful and actually suggesting how to improve the situation then?

[FCr]Sheep

Xmair

The client crashes if 15+ players are in a single place. (Happened when I brought everyone to my location)
And if there are many pickups in a place (robbery pickups in mall) it causes the client to lag ALOT.
Also PLEASE fix the timers, using Timer.Stop( ) is literally crashing my server, my server's player count has dropped from 19 to 9 in seconds.

Credits to Boystang!

VU Full Member | VCDC 6 Coordinator & Scripter | EG A/D Contributor | Developer of VCCNR | Developer of KTB | Ex-Scripter of EAD

Stormeus

Quote from: Xmair on Jun 24, 2018, 11:20 AMThe client crashes if 15+ players are in a single place. (Happened when I brought everyone to my location)
Investigating.
QuoteAnd if there are many pickups in a place (robbery pickups in mall) it causes the client to lag ALOT.
I can't reproduce this at all.

QuoteAlso PLEASE fix the timers, using Timer.Stop( ) is literally crashing my server, my server's player count has dropped from 19 to 9 in seconds.
You need to help me out and give me more details when reporting these bugs. Can you produce a small script I can run to reproduce this?

NicusorN5

By 'lag' you mean higher ping OR lower framerate? Because lag is always high ms delay (ping) .

Xmair

Quote from: Stormeus on Jun 24, 2018, 01:00 PM
Quote from: Xmair on Jun 24, 2018, 11:20 AM
QuoteAnd if there are many pickups in a place (robbery pickups in mall) it causes the client to lag ALOT.
I can't reproduce this at all.

Well it was happening at the start but isnt happening now.
Also about the timers I guess it was my own code that was being a problem, I'll still see if I can reproduce it.

Credits to Boystang!

VU Full Member | VCDC 6 Coordinator & Scripter | EG A/D Contributor | Developer of VCCNR | Developer of KTB | Ex-Scripter of EAD

Radon

What could be the reason the installer could get detected as an malware? Wouldn't be from the compression thingy? If it is, I don't find anything problematic with the installer taking just 5-6MBs or so.

Shadow

Quote from: Radon on Jun 24, 2018, 01:55 PMWhat could be the reason the installer could get detected as an malware? Wouldn't be from the compression thingy? If it is, I don't find anything problematic with the installer taking just 5-6MBs or so.

Probably because some antivirus sees it as a dropper of some sort. It would also be of use if you could post the reports from the AVs.
QuotePS:is trash is ur home language??