Ammunations

Started by BeckzyBoi, Jun 26, 2018, 05:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeckzyBoi

I want to create an ammunation script like from single-player. The problem is I don't know how ammu works in VC. I made a server-side ammunation script in SA-MP using menus and getting all the relative information from main.scm . IIRC VC ammunations don't use menus; however I can't remember what they do use and how they opperate. Can someone explain to me how ammunations in VC work? Then I'll be able to get positions etc from VC main.scm and put a script together. Thanks

Edit: I found this on gta.wikia - https://i.imgur.com/WDJRxaI.png

So I'm guessing the weapons are on the walls and I'll need set the players camera facing the respective weapon? Or will I also need to create the weapon models? *sigh* I wish VC ammunations used menus like in SA.

DizzasTeR

You can simply create 'Pickups' of weapons to display in the player's unique world while he's frozen as he enters the checkpoint of Ammunation, then you can set his camera to the initial weapon pickup, and script left/right binds to switch camera between the rest of the pickups, as he leaves, destroy the pickups.,

BeckzyBoi

Quote from: vitogta on Jun 26, 2018, 06:11 AM
Quote from: Doom_Kill3R on Jun 26, 2018, 06:08 AMpickups
streamed objects

Yeah objects would be better. I'll see what I can dig from main.scm.

DizzasTeR

Pickups also have that nice glow on them as a weapon pickup so I it can look better

BeckzyBoi

Freezing the player, though, doesn't necessarily stop them from moving. When frozen, if you punch with the fire key you move forward.

DizzasTeR

Yes but there's a barrier in the shop, they can't jump, so they can't move inside the "seller's area"

BeckzyBoi

Quote from: Doom_Kill3R on Jun 26, 2018, 06:34 AMYes but there's a barrier in the shop, they can't jump, so they can't move inside the "seller's area"

It's not convenient really though, is it? player.Frozen = true; should disable the player's keys so they can't move at all. I freeze my players at class selection but they can punch their way off the screen. It's not a huge deal but it's kinda annoying that players can move by punching when frozen.