Questions

Started by KAKAN, Apr 19, 2016, 03:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KAKAN

Hello, my friend is back and asked me some questions which he wants to be answer by an Dev, and here are the questions:
Quote1. Will there ever be a function that allows you to disable the nametags for a certain player?
2. Will it be possible or is it possible to add map icons that doesn't cover/hide a player's marker on the map? For example if I am standing at the docks and I got an icon for lovefist you can't see any players that are in that direction on the mini-map.
3. Is it ever going to be possible to change the time/weather of one world only?
4. Is there going to be an event to detect if a fire is put out by for example a fire truck or is there another smart way you can work around that?
5. Will there be a shootinair function to enable shootinair for a certain player?
6. I have noticed that due to lag or something, players aren't ejected from their vehicles when we change their position. It happens even if you eject the player before you teleport him/her. Will this issue be fixed or is there a way smart way to get around it?
7. This might be a weird question: If I store references to createobject instances in a global variable for some reason and then delete it. Is possible that an error or some weird bug can make it so that just for a 1ns or something that another object instance is referenced with the global variable?
oh no

DizzasTeR

For most things he is asking about client-side features like weather, time for specific worlds or hiding name tags for one player etc. This topic then also involves adding a feature to show radar for chosen clients or showing a player's blip on radar for chosen players.

For the changing position while in vehicle, is true. You will get ejected and not teleported. You will need to re-teleport the client after vehicle ejection.

rww

Client-Side scripting on 0.4? I hope that won't finish like on LU.

http://forum.liberty-unleashed.co.uk/index.php/topic,1952.0.html
Join to Irrelevant Club Discord: https://discord.gg/MsPPZ5uV4X

DizzasTeR

or with strong client-side implementation like MTA:SA :D I believe VCMP developers wont leave a route open to something that disastrous injection.

KAKAN

Quote from: Doom_Kill3R on Apr 19, 2016, 05:45 PMor with strong client-side implementation like MTA:SA :D I believe VCMP developers wont leave a route open to something that disastrous injection.
Agree :D

Quote from: rww on Apr 19, 2016, 05:31 PMClient-Side scripting on 0.4? I hope that won't finish like on LU.

http://forum.liberty-unleashed.co.uk/index.php/topic,1952.0.html
We can do everything server side too :) but that would lag the server, so I prefer client side :D
oh no

BeckzyBoi

Quote from: KAKAN on Apr 19, 2016, 03:52 AM2. Will it be possible or is it possible to add map icons that doesn't cover/hide a player's marker on the map? For example if I am standing at the docks and I got an icon for lovefist you can't see any players that are in that direction on the mini-map.

I have that very same question. Earlier a player asked why they couldn't see me on the map. It was because I was at Sunshine Auto's and the Sunshine Auto's map icon covered my icon.