Temporary new masterlist

Started by EK.IceFlake, Jun 29, 2018, 10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK.IceFlake

The official masterlist is currently bugged. You can use an alternative masterlist (master.vc-mp.cf).

Instructions here: https://www.vc-mp.cf/threads/alternative-masterlist.7/

Please note that only servers that announce to this masterlist are visible.

Stormeus

Please don't fork the masterlist and update server within 12 hours of an issue being reported, it creates unnecessary fragmentation.

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: Stormeus on Jun 29, 2018, 04:04 PMPlease don't fork the masterlist and update server within 12 hours of an issue being reported, it creates unnecessary fragmentation.
Not a last-minute fork, that masterlist was alive for months. Got a nice opportunity to advertise it lol.

kennedyarz

I really do not like topics like this because you have confused people. While the developers are active, they should only inform and not create diversion problems. since everything he says is before anything else is to confuse people and never achieve anything ... if they are active they solve it quickly. But it's good intention Thx

kennedyarz

Quote from: EK.IceFlake on Jun 29, 2018, 04:09 PM
Quote from: Stormeus on Jun 29, 2018, 04:04 PMPlease don't fork the masterlist and update server within 12 hours of an issue being reported, it creates unnecessary fragmentation.
Not a last-minute fork, that masterlist was alive for months. Got a nice opportunity to advertise it lol.

Oh I thought it was temporary

NicusorN5

Quote from: EK.IceFlake on Jun 29, 2018, 04:09 PMGot a nice opportunity to advertise it lol.
That's why most I know people hate you.

kennedyarz

Quote from: vitogta on Jun 29, 2018, 04:25 PM
Do you disallowing to use non-official master lists? I'm going to announce in my own masterlist only and share it to players of my server to use instead official. Will you ban it? Just to make it clear.

You always trying to provoke. "IT IS NOT THAT THIS IS PROHIBITED (ALTHOUGH HERE SHOULD HAVE TO CREATE CONFUSION BETWEEN USERS).
LOL

Stormeus

Quote from: vitogta on Jun 29, 2018, 04:25 PM
Do you disallowing to use non-official master lists? I'm going to announce in my own masterlist only and share it to players of my server to use instead official. Will you ban it? Just to make it clear.

wtf? No, that's not even something that I'm capable of doing. I'd just rather not have a few random players change their masterlist, forget about it and then ask why some new server isn't in their masterlist; or have people change their update server and then wonder why they can't join an updated game.

Stormeus

Quote from: vitogta on Jun 29, 2018, 04:36 PMTechnically it's possible via updates. I just want to know, can I do that without expecting any bans or not?

I already answered your question. If we didn't want people to be able to switch to a different server, why would we have given you the option in the first place?

kennedyarz

Quote from: vitogta on Jun 29, 2018, 04:40 PM
Quote from: Stormeus on Jun 29, 2018, 04:37 PM
Quote from: vitogta on Jun 29, 2018, 04:36 PMTechnically it's possible via updates. I just want to know, can I do that without expecting any bans or not?

I already answered your question. If we didn't want people to be able to switch to a different server, why would we have given you the option in the first place?
In case if official master list won't be available for example. Forking alive masterlist is another case. So it's allowed?

suppose so ... because if that happens it's because the developers are off. therefore, nothing should be downloaded. since there are no updates (but this is for the case OFF). Players join easily :)