Screenshotters

Started by Gulk, May 03, 2015, 12:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gulk

Already I've seen a lot of people using F8[screenshot] to cause a pause or lag in their game, what can we do about this? the freeze is pretty bad for me, nearly 1 whole second or more :?

what makes it even worse is how it can be assigned to a key close to movement keys D:

Hmm, interesting. There's not much that you could really do. Tried binding to that key to at least spot them but didn't worked. Tried to see if it's sent to the game keys event but it's not. So far that key doesn't exist to the server ;D

Final answer. NO! You can't do anything.

ysc3839

Quote from: Gulk on May 03, 2015, 12:01 AMAlready I've seen a lot of people using F8[screenshot] to cause a pause or lag in their game, what can we do about this? the freeze is pretty bad for me, nearly 1 whole second or more :?

what makes it even worse is how it can be assigned to a key close to movement keys D:
I think it's because VCMP save the front buffer (the whole screen). If you are in windowed mode, pressing F8 will also save the desktop into the picture. I hope developers make the game save the back buffer.

Kessu

Wouldn't removing the possibility of taking screenshots from the client solve this problem aswell? Most of people who want to take screenshots (good ones) already use 3rd party programs such as Fraps. AFAIK taking screenshots with Fraps doesn't make the player lag, unless they have potato PC.

Quote from: Kessu on May 03, 2015, 01:26 PMWouldn't removing the possibility of taking screenshots from the client solve this problem aswell? ...

Give that man a medal ;D

Kessu

Not because it's not a good feature to have nor because it can't be fixed, but disabling it since it can clearly be used to gain huge advantage over other players in a manner that equals cheating. If it's not fixed, I rather see it removed than kept as a "free for all cheating feature".

Stormeus

Resolved in an upcoming update.