?????

Started by Radon, Jul 01, 2018, 02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radon

What is this bug? It gave the opponents lot of chances against this shotgun bug, this is not the only one I faced. And I don't think this is death evading though, as he could move quick once he woke up.

https://youtu.be/yG2pU9YnDGc

SuriAttacker

Possible the player using "widescreenfix" which totally messes up the hitboxes.

nippon

It's not a bug at all. He just used F1

Sami

Quote from: SuriAttacker on Jul 01, 2018, 02:48 PMPossible the player using "widescreenfix" which totally messes up the hitboxes.
Yeah, you're right. He enabled F1 when he knocked him down.

Radon

Lol, are you all sleeping or what? It looks like the shotgun hitbox sucks here. Whenever I get my opponent knocked down, the shots doesn't hit him, in which it gives him a chance to wake up, apart from being the weakest shotgun here.

NicusorN5

@Radon Do you even read the replies? Read them again.

Radon

Quote from: Athanatos on Jul 12, 2018, 12:49 PM@Radon Do you even read the replies? Read them again.
I don't think it is even F1 or WS so, lol. Might be from lag caused too? As I said so, I only have this issue with shotgun.. SPAZ and Stubby works fine to finish the knocked down opponent.

NicusorN5

Quote from: Radon on Jul 12, 2018, 12:58 PM
Quote from: Athanatos on Jul 12, 2018, 12:49 PM@Radon Do you even read the replies? Read them again.
I don't think it is even F1 or WS so, lol. Might be from lag caused too? As I said so, I only have this issue with shotgun.. SPAZ and Stubby works fine to finish the knocked down opponent.
Lag? lol, no chance. It might be more vcmp desyncs.

Stormeus

I have my own theory that doesn't involve lag, hacking or broken hitboxes.

They were bumped by another player before they started shooting. It's possible that the patches we added to prevent this from happening aren't working properly, or don't cover all cases.

Hanney

Pretty much as Storm said.
0:02 - No damage synced from shotgun shot aswell :Z

0:03 - Definetley caused by GoldenDude seeing xxaboaxx bump into the player recording the video but if there is no flinch animations I can't imagine how this would look on GoldenDude's screen. The bump animation doesn't last that long and the firing animation should have overrode it by 0:05.

Stormeus

Quote from: vitogta on Jul 12, 2018, 11:36 PM
Quote from: Stormeus on Jul 12, 2018, 06:32 PMThey were bumped by another player before they started shooting. It's possible that the patches we added to prevent this from happening aren't working properly, or don't cover all cases.
Why state 'shooting' from player won't overwrite anything else (bumped/lying on ground/etc)?
Why remote player can be knocked by shotgun at shooter's screen while he are not knocked at his own screen? Why it not synchronized from knocked (or not knocked) player only? It could to help to avoid alot of problems with missed shoots.

Because when you're hacking the internals of a 15 year old game that you don't have source code for to add multiplayer it's not as simple as using a "OverrideEverythingExceptShooting" function.

Stormeus

Quote from: vitogta on Jul 13, 2018, 03:07 AM
Quote from: Stormeus on Jul 13, 2018, 02:29 AMBecause when you're hacking the internals of a 15 year old game that you don't have source code for to add multiplayer it's not as simple as using a "OverrideEverythingExceptShooting" function.
Isn't remote players are under full control of vc-mp and can be protected of being knocked down at local's player screen?

Part of the challenge is figuring out which game functions to call and hook to override the behavior that's been preprogrammed to behave in ways we don't like.

Stormeus

Quote from: vitogta on Jul 13, 2018, 04:37 AM
Quote from: Stormeus on Jul 13, 2018, 04:26 AMPart of the challenge is figuring out which game functions to call and hook to override the behavior that's been preprogrammed to behave in ways we don't like.
I am not aware how deep knowledge reverse engineering of vc-mp devs. Just I think it's critical part of gameplay needed to be improved. I personally don't like 'punchers' who abusing this sync bug but I also do not want fixsage of it by removing punch from game mechanics at all. Needs an alternative way to keep variety of gameplay.

We understand, and we solved part of the problem of punch animations from playing for other players on your screen. Unfortunately that may not have solved the issue of players running into other players or some other edge cases we haven't reproduced, which we'll keep looking into.

vitogta

Quote from: Stormeus on Jul 13, 2018, 04:56 AMWe understand, and we solved part of the problem of punch animations from playing for other players on your screen. Unfortunately that may not have solved the issue of players running into other players or some other edge cases we haven't reproduced, which we'll keep looking into.
Is that solution were to remove punch at all?
rel006 https://i.imgur.com/52eknhS.gifv - punch is not working
rel004 https://i.imgur.com/j9XasNn.gifv - punch is working but not well synced
I hope you will find solution to keep punch and synchronize it.