Error loading servers (used "Run as administrator")

Started by MidAtlanticSam, Jul 25, 2018, 01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MidAtlanticSam

Hi everyone, I came across the first problem/error which is "Couldn't start process (740)". After changing the updater URL and running in administrator mode, all that happens is it shortly cuts to a low-resolution version of my desktop then reverts back to the server browser. I wonder why, but it seems like it's trying really hard to prevent me from playing online lol.

MatheuS

if( !sucess ) tryAgain();
Thanks to the VCMP community. It was the happiest period of my life.

rww

Join to Irrelevant Club Discord: https://discord.gg/MsPPZ5uV4X

MidAtlanticSam

Quote from: MatheuS on Jul 25, 2018, 04:28 AMhttps://forum.vc-mp.org/?topic=5455.msg38781#msg38781
actually, if you read carefully, I did run as administrator, but nothing specifically happened with no error messages or anything. Could it have something to do with updater URLs?

MidAtlanticSam

Quote from: vitogta on Jul 26, 2018, 08:35 PMtry to remove all vcmp files and vcmp browser and install it again.
I actually just did and it still happens. Hopefully it is not the issue with the base game itself. Is it compatible with the Vice City Reborn patch?

Shadow

I know this does not benefit your problem, but I find it a very good advice: Don't run processes that communicate with the internet as administrator unless you have no data that could be affected, you're basically giving a process that you don't trust lots of privileges to potentially mess up your computer. Your server should need nothing more than read/write in the local directory, network access and (perhaps) registry read/write.
QuotePS:is trash is ur home language??

MidAtlanticSam

Quote from: Shadow on Jul 27, 2018, 05:53 PMI know this does not benefit your problem, but I find it a very good advice: Don't run processes that communicate with the internet as administrator unless you have no data that could be affected, you're basically giving a process that you don't trust lots of privileges to potentially mess up your computer. Your server should need nothing more than read/write in the local directory, network access and (perhaps) registry read/write.
What kind of processes to be exact? Like Steam or...?