Key binds for commands?

Started by Radon, Jul 27, 2018, 02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radon

Greetings everyone..

I came with an idea of using key binds as a direct shortcut to any command you type. I think this exists already in MTA if I'm not mistaken. However, it would be cool using any key to execute the command you put in. A great example is /setconfig game_sensitivity or so. Let's say for example you bind the key for using a high value of the mouse sensitivity and near it using a wised low value. This is a great alternative as not everyone got such new gaming mouses coming with many buttons or so that can be done in their separate control panels. But not only that, another great example is for tag_maxdist as when you're sniping and you cannot see the tags from a far distance. Using any keybind to extend the tag's maximum distance for seeing let's say 300 as that's the maximum distance actually VC:MP supports would be cool when you're sniping or so as if there are many players fighting in that area you're sniping in. And I highly doubt there are keybinding softwares that can be used but a bit complicated for beginners and overall I don't know if that's allowed in VC:MP actually.. Well, I guess I gave enough examples in which situations the keybinds can be used or so. I wanna know if there's anything that can't be done or what can prevent from implementing this feature in the client.

vitogta

Quote from: Radon on Jul 27, 2018, 02:54 PMThis is a great alternative as not everyone got such new gaming mouses
No, because game_sensitivity_ratio is very limited.
Quote from: Radon on Jul 27, 2018, 02:54 PMUsing any keybind to extend the tag's maximum distance for seeing let's say 300 as that's the maximum
It should be configured once to always, why need to switch it?
Quote from: Radon on Jul 27, 2018, 02:54 PMI don't know if that's allowed in VC:MP actually.
There is nothing to be allowed in VC:MP or not allowed. "Rules" is totally depends of servers owners.