A client update has been released for 04rel006. Thanks to everyone who tested the publicbeta changes. This round of updates focuses on performance improvements that should make everyone's experience smoother, especially those on low-spec machines.
- Implemented client-side changes for a future update giving server owners an option to disable crouching.
- Nametags and console messages have been optimized to reduce CPU and GPU usage. Specifically:
- Instead of fully redrawing text on every single frame, the textures representing text are now cached in memory.
- The console is no longer closes and reopens the log file on every single message received.
- Miscellaneous optimizations to reduce CPU and memory pressure.
- Fixed inconsistent GUILabel initialization when using the constructor with no arguments.
- Fixed GUI::GameResize and GUI::KeyPressed not being called while in build mode.