Ping starting spiking

Started by umar4911, Jun 30, 2019, 05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

umar4911

I have transworld internet, 20mbps package. Using speedtest.net, I get around 16 Mbps downloading and 18 Mbps uploading. Like a month before, I had 150 pings in almost all servers including vks, lw, ec, ptp, etc. Now I have the same internet, same speed but my ping now spikes a lot. It reaches to 1K or even 2K. Average ping is like 300 now. I need help here. I get kicked a lot too. Note: I got no new apps in my PC and I also tried by closing all the applications in the background using the internet including discord.  I can't figure the issue out. Any help will be appreciated.
I am gamer, programmer and hacker. Try to find me!
xD

Eva

Are you sure you done speedtest well? its a bit weird that your upload is higher then your downloadspeed. Its usualy the other way arround

umar4911

Quote from: Eva on Jun 30, 2019, 09:42 AMAre you sure you done speedtest well? its a bit weird that your upload is higher then your downloadspeed. Its usualy the other way arround

I said about. My ISP provides 20mpbs downloading and same uploading
I am gamer, programmer and hacker. Try to find me!
xD

dracc

Are you using WiFi? That's the most common source of weird lag spikes in my experience.

Stormeus

It's also possible that the route between your computer and servers in Europe has changed, or one of the servers along those route has recently changed configurations and is causing increased ping. You'd have to talk to your ISP about it, but you can get some more information about where the issue is by running tracert. For example, tracert 91.239.67.154 will show your ISP's route to the LCS-DM server. If any of the servers in the middle has a really high ping, it's the ISP's issue.