Story mode?

Started by FrostyJ, Dec 30, 2019, 09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrostyJ

Hey folks, this may be abit of a silly question but I took some time trying to find a post on here talking about it but I was unable. Is there any kind of function within VCMP that allows you to run story mode? i.e Let multiple people participate in story missions and progress through the game? Sorry if this is already posted and I am just missing it. Thanks for any info!

NicusorN5

Haha no, it is going to be a nightmare for the devs to sync allthe mission peds, vehicles, objectives, and etc.
There's Zurix's multiplayer project, you might want to try it when he finishes it.

AroliS^

You probably can do a few missions, by coding them :D.... They're not hard.
Lemme love ya

KingDark

Quote from: AroliS^ on Dec 31, 2019, 11:02 PMYou probably can do a few missions, by coding them :D.... They're not hard.

seeeeee, of course, coding a story mode is not difficult as coding an entire server, that would be the nightmare of any programmer,
#NULL

NicusorN5

Quote from: AroliS^ on Dec 31, 2019, 11:02 PMYou probably can do a few missions, by coding them :D.... They're not hard.
Good luck programming the NPCs to be as detailed and functional as possible. Enjoy server lag and crashes.

Abri

MEGAMIND

Quote from: FrostyJ on Dec 30, 2019, 09:50 PMHey folks, this may be abit of a silly question but I took some time trying to find a post on here talking about it but I was unable. Is there any kind of function within VCMP that allows you to run story mode? i.e Let multiple people participate in story missions and progress through the game? Sorry if this is already posted and I am just missing it. Thanks for any info!
Quote from: KingDark on Jan 01, 2020, 02:52 AM

seeeeee, of course, coding a story mode is not difficult as coding an entire server, that would be the nightmare of any programmer,

3-4 missions so far https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXjuGwENUDw after that project cancelled as we didnt had NPC support, its here somewhere https://forum.vc-mp.org/?topic=5051.msg36477#msg36477

FrostyJ

Looking further into the way the mod works and its complexity I can definitely see how that'd be difficult to have it just kinda "work" as I was thinking. Thanks for the info folks!

krystianoo

Quote from: FrostyJ on Jan 04, 2020, 11:45 PMLooking further into the way the mod works and its complexity I can definitely see how that'd be difficult to have it just kinda "work" as I was thinking. Thanks for the info folks!

Hey, how did you find out about the mod? :D [VCMP]