FPS lag

Started by Milko, Jan 01, 2020, 09:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milko

Hi me here.

Yo I've been struggling with FPS lag forever and I can't seem to find a solution for it.
When my frame limiter is off, I get FPS chops on servers that allow disabled frame limiter.

So far, according to other people's suggestions, I have done this and nothing worked:

- disabling game bar and game mode
- installing vice city on the partition where windows is installed
- set game_streammem to 2048

My PC specs:

Intel i5-4440
8 GB RAM
Geforce GTX 1050 Ti

Now this PC runs GTA 5 on ultra with less lag than I tend to get on vcmp, so my hardware is not the issue.

Has anybody experienced the same problem and found a solution for it? I'm getting desperate over here.

DizzasTeR

Milko

Yes, it also depends on the density of players. Stutter intensity increases when there are more players in an area.

DizzasTeR

Same issue, haven't been able to figure it out, actually stopped playing cuz of it :(

Milko

Oh well, AdTec has mentioned installing it on a ramdisk. Gonna try that when I've got time..

/edit: nah, got only 8 gigs of ram...

AroliS^

same issue.. right here.
Lemme love ya

D4rkR420R

Does this occurs on every server? I have a GTX 1050 TI as well.

Gulk2

I solved this issue in Doom_Kill3R vid by accident not long ago , you need an SSD with gtavc installed on it.

but, keep in mind your issue might not be SSD Milko, until i can see a vid to confirmthat lag.

DizzasTeR

I moved mine to SSD and it seems to have gone away, if you can somehow try giving it a go on SSD

SahiL

There is a solution to it but it messes up those client sided UIs. If you still want to play on 60 constant FPS download that old vcmp update files I added and replace it's files into C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Vice City Multiplayer\04rel006\

You will not need a SSD for this but remember that servers that use labels and UI will mess up.

_04rel006_8.rar

DizzasTeR

So what you're saying is that a later update related to perhaps performance improvement is causing this

NicusorN5

Why use zippyshare? For fcks sake use Google Drive, or Mediafire.

SahiL

Quote from: Athanatos on Jan 11, 2020, 03:09 PMWhy use zippyshare? For fcks sake use Google Drive, or Mediafire.
Don't be selfish, be happy with what you get?

NicusorN5

Quote from: SahiL on Jan 14, 2020, 06:41 AM
Quote from: Athanatos on Jan 11, 2020, 03:09 PMWhy use zippyshare? For fcks sake use Google Drive, or Mediafire.
Don't be selfish, be happy with what you get?
What do you mean? Is it impossible to make a a mediafire or google drive account?

If proper cloud services are banned or something try a VPN.

Milko

Well, I have tried all those solutions. Please don't turn this topic into the discussion about which downloading site is good, make a separate topic for it.

Anyway, none of these solutions work. Clearly there is nothing I can do about it. Though I know it has something to do with audio. I'm using a usb sound card, since standard realtek motherboard audio is shit.

I believe disabling the audio would do it. But how do I disable the audio?

/edit: I have deleted the audio folder and the game works, but fps drops are still present.  So this is not the ultimate solution...