I have high ping need help

Started by Shafin, May 22, 2020, 10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shafin

Hello guys , I am new in this forum. I am playing vcmp since 2018. My in game name is Skullcandy. The reason I made this is because I get high ping since 2018. I live in Bangladesh where I get 188-200 ping . For me it's very hard to play . So guys my question is how to reduce my ping. I have a perfect Internet connection.  I want to get at least 80-90 ping. In other games I get 80-90 ping. If there is a way to reduce my ping then answer guys. Thank you.

habi

hi Shafin, welcome to the forum

the ping also depends on the server's location. isn't it? Personally, I think 200 ping is not bad either. if u get 188, then you are lucky.

have you turned off Background intelligence transfer service BITS?

NicusorN5

Try opening cmd and type `ping '<ip>'`

Shafin

Quote from: habi on May 23, 2020, 02:55 AMhi Shafin, welcome to the forum

the ping also depends on the server's location. isn't it? Personally, I think 200 ping is not bad either. if u get 188, then you are lucky.

have you turned off Background intelligence transfer service BITS?
What's that bro?

Shafin

Quote from: Athanatos on May 24, 2020, 10:55 AMTry opening cmd and type `ping '<ip>'`
If I do that I get 20-5 ping. But this doesn't change my ping in vcmp

habi

Quote from: Shafin on May 25, 2020, 03:09 AMWhat's that bro?
BITS is a Windows service. If that is running, it download something all the time, using the internet. I once had a internet meter on computer. The meter was running even though we not use any programs.

So if you know turning Windows services off, turn this service off. Somebody in forum recently stated, they got good ping by turning off this service. that is why.

MEGAMIND

Quote from: habi on May 25, 2020, 03:50 AM
BITS is a Windows service. If that is running, it download something all the time, using the internet. I once had a internet meter on computer. The meter was running even though we not use any programs.

So if you know turning Windows services off, turn this service off. Somebody in forum recently stated, they got good ping by turning off this service. that is why.
Just tried out Turning of BITS & unecessary windows update service made the ping work great for me, before lw pings ranged for 250 above now i get 170-175, nice find there @habi really appreciative, also turning of BITS and windows update service make sure you restart your computer and turn off anyother service that requires internet such as teamviwer, skype, fillezilla, xampp and other any optional softwares and then your all set awsome ping

Eva

BITS is one of the crucial services to download Windows Updates.
Disabling this service will interrupt Windows Updates installation which is not recommended.

Also when you do disable it this way, it will enable automaticly by itself at a point.

To disable it for ever take these steps:
1. First open services
2. open properties of background intelligent transfer service
3. click stop and in startup type choose disabled
4. on the recovery tab choose take no action for first and second failure
5. click ok and the service will never starts again.

umar4911

Ping is not only dependent on your internet connection. I had at first 4mbps connection, I used to get 160 ping. Now I have 30mbps connection but still, the ping is 150-160. The ping also depends on the traceroute.

Your ISP
If your ISP is providing you a bad traceroute to the specific location, you'll be getting high ping. In bad, it can be divided into two parts
1. The traceroute is very long (it means you are very far from the host location)
2. The traceroute is poor, the responding time of the various IPs is very high (obviously done by ISP to reduce their expenses)

Solutions:
- Find a better ISP who provides better traceroute if your ISP can't change your traceroute (try contacting them)
- Travel around the world close to the Host location so the traceroute is shorter and you can get better ping
I am gamer, programmer and hacker. Try to find me!
xD

Shafin

Quote from: habi on May 25, 2020, 03:50 AM

Ok gonna try

Shafin

Quote from: Eva on May 25, 2020, 07:35 AMBITS is one of the crucial services to download Windows Updates.
Disabling this service will interrupt Windows Updates installation which is not recommended.

Also when you do disable it this way, it will enable automaticly by itself at a point.

To disable it for ever take these steps:
1. First open services
2. open properties of background intelligent transfer service
3. click stop and in startup type choose disabled
4. on the recovery tab choose take no action for first and second failure
5. click ok and the service will never starts again.

Thank you for telling me how to turn off that service. Gonna try it now.

Shafin

Yeah it worked but my ping is 187 now . Anyways thank you guys.

Shafin

Quote from: umar4911 on May 25, 2020, 08:14 AMPing is not only dependent on your internet connection. I had at first 4mbps connection, I used to get 160 ping. Now I have 30mbps connection but still, the ping is 150-160. The ping also depends on the traceroute.

Your ISP
If your ISP is providing you a bad traceroute to the specific location, you'll be getting high ping. In bad, it can be divided into two parts
1. The traceroute is very long (it means you are very far from the host location)
2. The traceroute is poor, the responding time of the various IPs is very high (obviously done by ISP to reduce their expenses)

Solutions:
- Find a better ISP who provides better traceroute if your ISP can't change your traceroute (try contacting them)
- Travel around the world close to the Host location so the traceroute is shorter and you can get better ping

Ok bro gonna check

Gito Baloch

i get 115 ping i am from Pakistan :v
Programming is the language I speak, the world I shape, and the future I code