[ Suggestion/Request ] - Cursor Usage

Started by DizzasTeR, Jun 08, 2015, 03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DizzasTeR

Hello friends! So I've been thinking about this for a while and I finally wanted to make a topic so that I might know some info if its already being done by the devs and if not maybe they can help us with it!

So basically my suggestion is if we could use cursor in server to select different things on the screen client sided? it can be server sided too but the main idea is that it can help us script more things efficiently, for example clickable sprites etc, selecting objects created with CreateObject etc

So tell me what do you guys think about it! Sorry if I wrote something which doesn't make sense ;)

Sending cursor data would likely add more stress to the server. However, there should be an option for interactive sprites. What I mean by that is that some sprites could have the ability to trigger a callback when a cursor enters their area. But then again, you don't have a cursor in game. Which means you should have something to break out of the gameplay and allow you to use cursors. Like you do for console.

Yes we all need a GUI in game. Even a simple one would do just fine. But what can we do about it :P

DeViL_JiN

Stormeus

By the time this happens we would probably just have a client side scripting mechanism and a full GUI anyway.