[GoD] The GoD Clan: Gang Of Defenders

Started by Ezio9805-P, Jun 08, 2015, 09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ezio9805-P

Gang Of Defender

This clan is new, and I mean it is really new. The reason I created this clan is to defend. Defend the players, us from abused by the admins. I know, many admins misuse their power to bully the players, but we will form a clan and make things right. And of course, we do it the proper and legal way, every servers have their own rules. And we must obey the rules no matter what, but not abused by the admins. We can fight back the admins with their own rules. No matter you are weak or strong, but if you have the will, we will help you with it. Teach you the tactics, ways to prevent you being abused by the admins. We all play VCMP for fun, not for being bullied. So, if you want to join this clan, simply add [GoD] in front of your name in the server. If you don't want, it's okay. As long as you remember, our goal is the same, to have fun.

Example: [GoD]Ezio9805

Forum: Coming soon! *Only available if many members request it, because I believe many players won't use forum anyway.

Members:
[GoD]Ezio9805
[GoD]ThienKianFoh
[GoD]sinner
[GoD]Qais
[GoD]kevin201
[GoD]ryan201
[GoD]Jason

*If you want your name in the list, just reply below, Thank you!
*We don't kick inactive members, because we can't just stick around VCMP all the time do we?

Extra info: I mostly active in VKs official server [Angel Hosting], that server is quite good for DM.

CoLa_z0r

This is intriguing.

Could you man up and specify which admins of which particular servers are abusive?

Ezio9805-P

It's very common, open your eyes and see for yourself.

Stormeus

Quote from: CoLa_z0r on Jun 09, 2015, 04:12 AMThis is intriguing.

Could you man up and specify which admins of which particular servers are abusive?

Quote from: Ezio9805-P on Jun 13, 2015, 02:24 AMIt's very common, open your eyes and see for yourself.

I'll expound this point since Ezio's response barely answers the question.

Administration of VC:MP servers (and any server on a third-party multiplayer game, including SA:MP) is more or less completely arbitrary. Ban evasion has traditionally been a trivial matter (as simple as resetting a modem or router in some places) and few protections are in place (no VAC, no PunkBuster, not even a check for the integrity of files like maps), so server staff are pressured to punish cheaters without impunity in order to discourage it.

The consequence of this is that a culture of strict and tough administration has cropped up, and since tempbans and bans are being handed out by actual people instead of an automated system, it provides a kind of scapegoat where you can blame bad or rigid admins for certain actions instead of a cheat detection system.

In trying to find examples on some high profile servers regarding irresponsible or excessive administration, I couldn't find anything. All I can do is speculate and say perhaps admins are using bad or invalid reasons for action (e.g. getting banned for "bye" which explains nothing about the circumstances), or denying ban appeals the first time without providing a justification.

Something else that's an issue is awareness of the rules. Every server has varying rules, and the rules listed in-game often come nowhere close to the completeness of rules lists on server forums. Compare the few lines of text you see in LW by typing !rules to the manual you get on the forum. So now people are rarely fully aware of the rules in place and see people on other servers (or on that server if no admins are online) crouching with a shotgun, shooting, and running, but can't tell that this is a "crouch glitch."

Lastly, there seems to be an expectation among a few people that admins need evidence in order to kick, tempban, or ban people. Though this would be nice, it greatly complicates administrating a server since admins can no longer act quickly upon seeing a hacker if they need to tab out, open FRAPS, record, kick, open VirtualDub, compress the video, and upload it to YouTube. It's a waste of time.

Something that would probably alleviate this is a three strike system where — except in cases of blatant game or account hacking, denial of service attacks, or anything of similar magnitude — anything that would justify a warning or kick instead adds a strike to the user's account, which they can see on their profile. Whether anyone else can see these strikes is up to the server owner. Every time they get a strike, they get a very obvious notice in-game that they have to acknowledge to keep playing, and a strike could expire every few weeks or after a month. Once three strikes are accumulated, the player is tempbanned or banned until further admin review. People who get unbanned after this and continue getting strikes get banned longer.

Basically the whole purpose of the strike system would be to have a cover your ass policy for admins. Instead of getting tempbanned outright, you see exactly what you did (or have the opportunity to ask what you did wrong), get an explanation of why it was wrong, and have to agree not to do it again to keep playing. If you get banned for getting too many strikes, it's explicitly no one's fault but your own for not heeding the strikes.

Something that would probably further fix the issue is the implementation of better, accurate cheat detection on the server. If you get banned by the server itself for speedhacking, aimbotting, C-glitching, etc., and false positives are essentially nonexistent, you don't have a specific admin to blame for getting banned for a fuckup. If the possibility of human error is eliminated, it's impossible to scapegoat admins for getting caught red-handed or being treated poorly in administrative matters.

Ezio9805-P

Let's just hope admin do their job great then.

CoLa_z0r

You sound like a great candidate for this clan storm

Stormeus

Quote from: CoLa_z0r on Jun 15, 2015, 01:03 AMYou sound like a great candidate for this clan storm

[VU]Stormeus[GoD]

::)