[Sample] Sample SqMod Script

Started by Anish87, Nov 18, 2020, 01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anish87

I had been learning SqMod lately, so I thought why not create a sample script to make it easier for those who wanna start using SqMod but don't know where to start. So, I created this...

About
Database: MySQL
Scripter: Anish
Thanks to: SLC, Xmair, Dizzaster, Spiller and Luckshya
The scripts don't contain much features basic features and most events, necessary ones, related to player, vehicle entities. Commands like register, login, autologin and stats. I added the commands just to give an idea of creating commands in the native squirrel plugin style.

Here's the link to the repository: SqDM

DizzasTeR

Why is everything set to Execute in the ini file, just use Compile if you don't need a script to add new fields to entity classes.

Anish87

Quote from: Rupinder on Nov 18, 2020, 02:12 PM
You need to have necessary dependencies to run the plugin... Download all vcredist versions and try. You will need the MySQL libraries as well.

Anish87

Quote from: DizzasTeR on Nov 18, 2020, 03:46 PMWhy is everything set to Execute in the ini file, just use Compile if you don't need a script to add new fields to entity classes.
Um yeah, I just used Execute because I executed one event at first and later I copied it to load other scripts as well...

Quote from: Anish87 on Nov 19, 2020, 03:01 AM
You need to have necessary dependencies to run the plugin... Download all vcredist versions and try. You will need the MySQL libraries as well.

AFAIK MySQL is embedded in the plugin (on Windows). So it is either compiled with the plugin or non existent at all. You don't need something else other than the DLL itself. On Linux it is another story as you just need to install MySQL from your package manager. Assuming it matches the one from the plugin.

As for runtime dependencies. People should learn that they need Visual C++ Redistributable Runtimes All-in-One for any kind of program. Not just this.

Anish87

Quote from: . on Nov 22, 2020, 12:18 PMAs for runtime dependencies. People should learn that they need Visual C++ Redistributable Runtimes All-in-One for any kind of program. Not just this.
Yes, people just come and keep on bugging that the scripts won't work LOL.

UncleRus

Quote from: . on Nov 22, 2020, 12:18 PM
Quote from: Anish87 on Nov 19, 2020, 03:01 AM

AFAIK MySQL is embedded in the plugin (on Windows). So it is either compiled with the plugin or non existent at all. You don't need something else other than the DLL itself. On Linux it is another story as you just need to install MySQL from your package manager. Assuming it matches the one from the plugin.

As for runtime dependencies. People should learn that they need Visual C++ Redistributable Runtimes All-in-One for any kind of program. Not just this.
i install vcredist and give this error too what problem ?
I LoperkinDead.My brothers scripters TimyrSem,VladSem