i can't join after the update

Started by Ahmed_Samir, Dec 24, 2020, 10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ahmed_Samir

the game when i connect to any server tells me libpng16.dll is missing and i downloaded and added to the game and the client and still not working what must i do ?

NewK

Try restarting the VCMP browser and then see if you can join. If not, please show us the content of your rel006 folder.

AdTec_224

libpng16.dll is included with the client update (as seen here) so either something/someone deleted it or it may require the Visual Studio redistributable to be installed, located here.

Ahmed_Samir

Quote from: AdTec_224 on Dec 25, 2020, 12:17 AMlibpng16.dll is included with the client update (as seen here) so either something/someone deleted it or it may require the Visual Studio redistributable to be installed, located here.
can you send me your libpng16 file please?

SHy^

Quote from: Ahmed_Samir on Dec 27, 2020, 12:12 AM
Quote from: AdTec_224 on Dec 25, 2020, 12:17 AMlibpng16.dll is included with the client update (as seen here) so either something/someone deleted it or it may require the Visual Studio redistributable to be installed, located here.
can you send me your libpng16 file please?
Install the dll file from here(Clicky!). I'll tell you the quick way to paste the file.

- Download the file from above link.

- Right click on VC:MP browser.

- Choose 'Open file location'.

- You'll see a '04rel006' folder. Open it.

- Finally paste the .dll

- Try joining servers now!

It worked for a few users who were still facing the issue after downloading VC redistributables.

gta5

I had the same issue on Christmas day, so it seems like this has effected a few of us. I just did a system restore.

Altay

Mustafa Kemal ATATURK, the man who changed the course of history. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mustafa_Kemal_Atat%C3%BCrk