LIBPNG16.dll missing or could not be loaded from VCMP

Started by Psychedellic, Dec 25, 2020, 02:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psychedellic

Greetings everyone,
I am getting an error after the update called libpng16.dll is missing or could not be loaded from the VCMP installation. Make sure your installation is intact and that your antivirus software is not blocking it, I tried every solution reinstalled GTA and vcmp copy and pasted libpng16.dll in to system32 as well in vcmp folder reinstalled the Microsoft visual C++ but still nothing happens I use Windows 8.1 (64 bit) any solution will be appreciated.
Thank you

Edit I forgot to mention about antivirus I do not have any antivirus and the Windows Defender is disabled from a long time so I am sure its not the error of any antivirus.

NewK

Which Visual C++ Redist did you install?

Install this one in specific:
Quote from: AdTec_224 on Dec 25, 2020, 12:17 AMlibpng16.dll is included with the client update (as seen here) so either something/someone deleted it or it may require the Visual Studio redistributable to be installed, located here.

SHy^

SHy^

Quote from: Ahmed_Samir on Dec 26, 2020, 04:33 PMi can't fix it untill now
Did you try installing the VC redistributables here(Click this text)?

It has fixed the same issue you're facing for almost every player who got this issue. Seems like you didn't install them. Please install them and try running VC:MP again. Let us know then. :)

:edit: If that doesn't work, install the dll file from here(Clicky!). I'll tell you the quick way to paste the file.

Steps:
- Download the file from above link.

- Right click on VC:MP browser.

- Choose 'Open file location'.

- You'll see a '04rel006' folder. Open it.

- Finally paste the .dll

- Try joining servers now!

It worked for a few users who were still facing the issue after download VC redistributables.