how can i create my own Masterlist

Started by Eirone, Mar 17, 2022, 05:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eirone

a friend of mine said it would be possible, but I couldn't find the document, there was no wiki, can you help me?
If you think you know everything, you don't know anything

habi

Yes, you can create your own masterlist. For that you may need the following things.
1. A website running which collect the data of servers.
2. You must have announce plugin edited so that the plugin sends the server data to your website, instead of official one.
3. If you have 5 servers, this edited announce plugin must be used on all these 5 servers.
4. In the client, you have to change the masterlist url to your website url/ip address.
Then go to internet tab, boom! You see your 5 servers name there.

Eirone

Quote from: habi on Mar 17, 2022, 09:52 AMYes, you can create your own masterlist. For that you may need the following things.
2. You must have announce plugin edited so that the plugin sends the server data to your website, instead of official one.
3. If you have 5 servers, this edited announce plugin must be used on all these 5 servers.
4. In the client, you have to change the masterlist url to your website url/ip address.
Quote from: . on Mar 17, 2022, 10:25 AMhttps://forum.vc-mp.org/?topic=1168.msg7817#msg7817

Eirone

Quote from: habi on Mar 17, 2022, 09:52 AMYes, you can create your own masterlist. For that you may need the following things.

How can I do step 2, where can I find the source code?

Step 2 is not your concern. It's the job of the server owners to make that choice.

People will not use a unvalidated third-party plugin in their server.

habi

This enlighten me.
One way is
QuotePut http://master.thijn.ovh in your browser at Tools -> Options -> Masterlist URL

If you want your server to show up add the following to your server.cfg:
announce master.thijn.ovh

In the above example, 'master.thijn.ovh' is a website storing masterlist.

So without making our own plugin, you can use the announce plugin to do the work.
Thus, add "announce xyz" to server.cfg where xyz is the url/ip address of your website.
Do not forget to include plugin by modifying the line "plugins "

Eirone

Eirone