Weapon error call

Started by PSL, Feb 14, 2024, 02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PSL

I am trying to upgrade the server version from 04rel006 to 04rel004. I found that none of the custom weapons I added were working. Invalid weapon data is displayed when entering the server. This is true not only for weapons, but also for custom vehicles.
The server version I am using is: https://forum.vc-mp.org/index.php?topic=4727.0, The plug-in used is https://forum.vc-mp.org/index.php?topic=33.0  plugins for scripts inside.

This is the weapon that went wrong.
https://file.io/VmW3C2wBixJe

Eva

ehm thats not upgrade but downgrade, going from 04rel006 to 04rel004.

vitovc

Quote from: Eva on Feb 14, 2024, 04:13 PMehm thats not upgrade but downgrade, going from 04rel006 to 04rel004.
it depends how to count. 6 is more than 4, rel006 has more value of bugs and limitations and rel004 has less value of bugs and limitations... in rel006 you can not use classsicaxis.asi, widescreen.asi is bugged, you can not push players (it considered as 'bug' by devs), you can not look back by middle mouse button in every angle of player with correct turning head... but  in rel006 you can edit stadium text and turn on taxi lights... do it depends of personal preference.
...::: vice city :::...

PSL

I want the first person shot of 04rel004 because there will be no shaking screen, There are also vehicles that can exceed 1000 HP. I have fixed the bug on the script, but I am still searching for the bug on the custom module.

Eva

Quote from: vitovc on Feb 14, 2024, 04:57 PM
Quote from: Eva on Feb 14, 2024, 04:13 PMehm thats not upgrade but downgrade, going from 04rel006 to 04rel004.
it depends how to count. 6 is more than 4, rel006 has more value of bugs and limitations and rel004 has less value of bugs and limitations... in rel006 you can not use classsicaxis.asi, widescreen.asi is bugged, you can not push players (it considered as 'bug' by devs), you can not look back by middle mouse button in every angle of player with correct turning head... but  in rel006 you can edit stadium text and turn on taxi lights... do it depends of personal preference.
Still its a downgrade lol, going back to an earlier release is downgrade not up

vitovc

Quote from: Eva on Feb 15, 2024, 04:27 PMStill its a downgrade lol, going back to an earlier release is downgrade not up
yes eva, if we count number of version then its correct. if we count quality of version then its upgrade (as quality, at least by needs of topic starter). for example if you swith your PC from Intel Celeron G6900 to Intel Core i7-8700 it will be 'downgrade' because G6900 is newer but i7-8700 has better perfomance (though 5 years older).
when we play game we need experience not number of version. and vice city itself is 22 years old game... so it all depends of point of view.
...::: vice city :::...

PSL

I have cancelled the downgrade of the server version, thank you for your comments and reminders, the custom weapon bug has been fixed in 04rel006 version.