Vcmp Vs Samp!

Started by EK.IceFlake, Jul 06, 2015, 06:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK.IceFlake

But what I mean is maybe temporarily modify gta3.img (maybe run it in a virtual machine as ram?) or the renderware engine or basically anything vice city related.

Stormeus

Quote from: NE.CrystalBlue on Jul 27, 2015, 08:00 AMBut what I mean is maybe temporarily modify gta3.img (maybe run it in a virtual machine as ram?) or the renderware engine or basically anything vice city related.

That doesn't solve the problem of how we get the original GTA files there in the first place. Besides that'd completely destroy visual mods.

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: Stormeus on Jul 27, 2015, 08:03 AM
Quote from: NE.CrystalBlue on Jul 27, 2015, 08:00 AMBut what I mean is maybe temporarily modify gta3.img (maybe run it in a virtual machine as ram?) or the renderware engine or basically anything vice city related.

That doesn't solve the problem of how we get the original GTA files there in the first place. Besides that'd completely destroy visual mods.
Sssh. I mean like adding this to gta3.img, replacing that to gta3.img, adding this into particle.txd, modifying the gta-vc.exe and all actions are done in a VM that is running in RAM. So maybe we have a voodoo.txd (I know we can just add it with custom vehicles but this is just an example) so we can put it into gta3.img without modifying other files. Or maybe a li'l change to particle.txd or anything possible - or not possible :D

Thijn

You don't make much sense. You can't remove modifications if you don't have the original files. Thats it. Not possible without breaking the law.

EK.IceFlake

I never said anything to remove modifications. I said to add custom things by modifying files like add file to img replace and same with txd or basically anything.

Thijn

Quote from: NE.CrystalBlue on Jul 27, 2015, 10:32 AMI never said anything to remove modifications. I said to add custom things by modifying files like add file to img replace and same with txd or basically anything.
Ah, we confused your reaction with Ksna's. What's the difference with modifying the gta3.img and adding custom vehicles like we have now?

EK.IceFlake

What about editing particle.txd? As I said, that was just an example. Maybe I like a particle mod and want all users to have. Or maybe I wanna modify the engine to add swimming. What if I wanna give them some cool textures?

DeViL_JiN

Write down a module and figure out to bypass VC-MP  Security, Good Luck.

EK.IceFlake

That'd require client-side modules which I don't want.

NC

Someone please tell me what is the point of asking "VCMP or SAMP" on a VCMP forum? Just like asking "Real Madrid or FC Barcelona" on a Barca forum. I played SAMP one time in my life, years ago, so I can't tell much anyway, but MTA... <3
Bon Appétit

DizzasTeR

The whole theory of this topic:

SAMP  < VCMP < MTA:SA

KAKAN

@Doom_Killer is right, now lock this topic e.e
oh no

soulshaker

Quote from: KAKAN on Aug 01, 2015, 01:31 PMnow lock this topic
Great Discussion.. Took 6 pages..
Super Mario FTW!!!