Telll me!!

Started by dEaN, Mar 07, 2015, 08:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dEaN

Hello Guys i start my 0.4 Server but i have problam
tell me 0.4 Modules why not support windows XP..
I think first impressions are important when i pick up a Main.nut script and I'm sticking to the script, I'm putting that organic feeling back in the game.
-Since 2012-

Google "Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Download" and install the required ones for your platform x32/86 - x64. Make sure to get the latest ones and if possible older ones like 2010, 2005 etc. just in case. I'm not familiar with MSVC therefore I can't guide you with this.

Thijn

Please... Update to a proper supported OS. XP is years old and broken unsecure and unsupported.

Sebastian

Move to Win7, or at least to Vista. Don't worry, it is not that different, but it's better.

Vista specs: https://www.google.ro/#safe=off&q=vista+specs
Windows 7 specs: https://www.google.ro/#safe=off&q=windows+7+spec

PS:  If you are going to install a pirated version, stop it's updates.

MacTavish

Last month win8 was running on my Pentium 4 :P

Grand Hunting Project
Join #SLC, #KAKAN, #Doom, #GHP @LUnet

Retired VC:MP Player/Scripter :P

dEaN

I think first impressions are important when i pick up a Main.nut script and I'm sticking to the script, I'm putting that organic feeling back in the game.
-Since 2012-

Sebastian

VC:MP 0.4 is not supporting Windows XP anymore. There was a poll made by developers where we had to vote if we still use Windows XP.
Much part of votes, excepting a few, were against Windws XP, so this is the conclusion: VC:MP 0.4 doesn't support Windows XP.

As I said, I suggest you to move to at least Windows Vista. (which is not that different than XP) :)

Stormeus

Technically we haven't made a concrete decision to drop XP support. However, XP is 13 years old and turns 14 in August. We have to use a compiler from 2010 (which limits optimizations and features) or rigged to work with XP (which also limits optimizations and features) in order to maintain support, and it gets annoying at times.

Fun fact: Google Chrome drops support for XP next month.

In your case though I'd bet it's because you're not on a 64-bit system (XP doesn't even have good 64-bit support for end-users) but using the 64-bit plugins.