please help

Started by MuKuNd^, Feb 26, 2016, 10:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MuKuNd^

@KAKAN the video above was Recorded on the server u just told Vicerockers.....

morphine

Quote from: MuKuNd^ on Feb 28, 2016, 04:11 AMIf the hosts is in USA and say for example I'm in India so I have to go to USA to repair it

in theory, that is it. the closer you are - the less delay.

Gulk

its fps lag combined with internet lag/latency/ping and I have never noticed it being so bad before in the history of vcmp lol, makes it look like im fighting hackers where my guns shoot bent.

EK.IceFlake

It's a VRocker hosting server and is hosted in France. Also its VKs official server.

MuKuNd^

OK! can i repair it? Buy a new net connection? Shift my house? pls help me guyz

NewK

This is not really a bug. As far as I know it was made like that on purpose. Stormeus has previously said that in 0.4 the shots are "sent" to the server, the exact moment when you click the fire button. However, it's important to notice that when you click the fire button there's a small delay before the actual bullets come out (this has to do with the game and not vcmp itself), so when you click the fire button, that's when your enemies see your shots, not when you see the bullets come out.

This is the main reason why most players still have problems adapting from 0.3z's fighting sync to 0.4's. In 0.3 the shots are sent to the server a little bit before the bullets come out, while in 0.4 they're sent when you click the fire button, so do not trust the bullets you see on your screen, if you really want to successfully hit someone. Here's another video someone made about it :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB24t-VE9s0

On that video it shows that the direction in where he shot first, is where the bullets are rendered on the other player's screen, regardless of him trying to change direction by moving his mouse after shooting. Because when he clicked the fire button that's the direction he was looking in. In 0.4, the shots are rendered alot earlier in comparison to 0.3zR2. In 0.3zR2 they were rendered a few moments before the bullets came out (which caused ghost shots) and in 0.4 they're rendered when you click the fire button. I guess 0.4 ignores the delay that happens between the moment when you click the fire button and the moment when the actual bullets come out since the shots are rendered when you click the fire button, so from "0.4's point of view" all weapons have the same delay or no delay at all. Whether 0.3's way is better or not, that's debatable but it would be very interesting to have a server side option which lets server owners choose how far in the lifecyle of "shooting"  should the shots be rendered (when the fire btn is clicked VS when the bullets come out).

TL;DR: There's nothing you can do to fix it. It has nothing to do with your Internet or with latency as you can see in the video I posted above, those tests were done in localhost and the same thing happens.

Stormeus

I think I specifically said that VC:MP does *not* send shots to the server. VC:MP sends what keys you're pressing to the server, which is passed on to the other clients. They don't see shot packets, they see a packet that says they're holding down the fire button, which is what causes them to enter the shooting action.

If shots were synced individually, this wouldn't be the case, but it'd be a waste of bandwidth considering weapons such as the M4 and M60.

NewK

Quote from: Stormeus on Feb 28, 2016, 07:28 PMI think I specifically said that VC:MP does *not* send shots to the server. VC:MP sends what keys you're pressing to the server, which is passed on to the other clients.
Yea I get what you mean, "sending" shots is not the best way to describe it technically, which is why I wrapped it around double quotes ( "sent" ) when I first mentioned it in my post. Rendering shots/registering shots might be a better expression I guess.  I just chose to use the word "sent" as a way to make it easier to understand for the op.

MuKuNd^

Stormeus can i shoot people side ways like as shown in the video by me?
or
can i change my shot at the last moment will it work?

KAKAN

Quote from: MuKuNd^ on Feb 29, 2016, 10:37 AMStormeus can i shoot people side ways like as shown in the video by me?
or
can i change my shot at the last moment will it work?
Yep it will. It works for me even if my ping is 400+
oh no

MuKuNd^

Then why kakan bro it doesnt work for me????
Kakan can u make a video plsease?

MuKuNd^

Stormeus how is kakan able to shoot side ways and able to change his shot at the last second?? and why i am not able to do that?

KAKAN

Quote from: MuKuNd^ on Mar 01, 2016, 08:21 AMStormeus how is kakan able to shoot side ways and able to change his shot at the last second?? and why i am not able to do that?
Meh not me, my bro.
Here's a link to his video. Watch carefully. At first, he didn't do it, but after 2 or 3 kills, he did, so watch it carefully.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dXOefoGkGw
oh no

MuKuNd^

yea he is baba i know and he is able to do it perfectly i dont know how...

MuKuNd^

Stromeus can u modify that I can change the direction after clicking the fire button pls it helps a lot.....