Daydream? Nightmare!!

Started by Sebastian, Oct 31, 2016, 07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Damn.

That moment when I realize I just lost all my videos from yt.

[spoiler=TESTAMENT]
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

I had so many memories there...
Can't believe that. For real.
This is one sad moment for me.

Today, YouTube shown me the STOP button instead of the PLAY one.
This is a sad moment for me, I kept uploading everything that I wanted to watch again and remember (after years).
Never thought it would happen, but it did, and there is nothng I can do.
(choosing the internet to archive such moments was not a good idea)

If there was something that was still bringing me to VC:MP, that was my YT account.
I've uploaded there more over than 100 videos, representing: tutorials, events, funny moments, tricks, everything.

Back in the 0.3 days, some of my real life friends were also playin', and we did some videos. We watched them like one year ago, and laughed a lot. This is why I was keeping such videos - to remember and laugh...
(we will still do that, but having images with that was just great)

Now my account is dead, and so will be sseebbyy.
I've enjoyed a lot this mod, this community . I've met a lot of good people, that I will remember even after years, for sure.
Some impressed me by their intelligence, some by their creativity and some by their funny and interesting way to deal with things/life.
Thank you very much for all of this !

I also have to apologize you... all video tutorials I did so far were also removed.
So if you ever used them, hope you understood how things works, 'cause there is no way to review those videos. :P

That's it... without my account, my videos, I feel like an emty player, so cannot play anymore the way I used to.

-sseebbyy
Over !

[/spoiler]

Let's be honest people. More and more people begin to upload stuff on YouTube. What did you think, that they're just gonna keep and increasing their storage space constantly and eventually be forced to buy several entire cities just to have a place where to keep their hardware? Not to mention the maintenance costs of all that hardware. It's almost impossible to even comprehend the amount of space and maintenance required to keep expanding at the current rate.

Eventually, you have to start cutting from somewhere. Your videos don't get much views therefore, don't get much revenue. Thus, it's all expendable. How do you make room for the new stuff if you never throw out the old. YouTube is known to go out on purges like these. Or maybe R* is planning a followup related to Vice City and they don't want confusion. Big companies are known to do that before announcing their products.

Plenty of reasons behind this purge.

PunkNoodle

Quote from: . on Nov 17, 2016, 09:34 PMYouTube is known to go out on purges like these.
Do you have something to backup your words? I'm really curious.

Quote from: . on Nov 17, 2016, 09:34 PMOr maybe R* is planning a followup related to Vice City and they don't want confusion. Big companies are known to do that before announcing their products.

Plenty of reasons behind this purge.
It might be as you say, no wonder at all. But even then, they are supposed to give the account owner a proper reason before doing that. Especially when videos have no music, what's the reason behind their removal, I'm pretty sure they gave YT a proper reason else YT itself wouldn't remove those videos with such an hurry, Anyway, note that only VC:MP videos have been removed (no VC to my knowledge), and not all of them had few views, actually there are videos with far less views. I could go on writing other reasons why I don't think it's a random purge.

Sebastian

I didn't even get the mail detailing the banning.

Quote from: ...kneedl_ on Nov 17, 2016, 10:26 PM
Quote from: . on Nov 17, 2016, 09:34 PMYouTube is known to go out on purges like these.
Do you have something to backup your words? I'm really curious.

Do you think I'm here to get you out of your cave? Follow other news and not just what you see on your TV or whatever social media website you're using. And then you'll know what I mean when I say that purges like these are very frequent and while they look like a glitch, they're very intentional. They need to save up resources and if there are no complaints then lucky for them, they achieved their goal. But if people do complain, they claim it's a glitch and poof, everything's back how it was. Because for some reason, things are never actually deleted, they only made it look like it was deleted to see if anyone would complain.

While this sh!t looks like some area51 conspiracy crap, it's more than just obvious.

Quote from: sseebbyy on Nov 17, 2016, 10:28 PMI didn't even get the mail detailing the banning.

They usually blame these purges on glitches within their system. A few weeks ago I got my entire google account banned saying I infringed some of their policies. But did not say what rules I broke or anything. I just woke up with a banned google account. Thankfully, they fixed it after I reported the issue. Apparently, I wasn't the only one. It was dozens of thousands of users that got banned.

Every you-tuber complains that every few days/weeks they have a massive drop in subscribers (thousands). Basically, YT goes on a rampant purge saying they're cleaning up the bots. But how many f*ing bots do you have to clean up every week. Because there are a lot more real users than bots in those purges.

Radon

Quote from: sseebbyy on Nov 17, 2016, 08:41 PMDamn.

That moment when I realize I just lost all my videos from yt.

[spoiler=TESTAMENT]
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

I had so many memories there...
Can't believe that. For real.
This is one sad moment for me.

Today, YouTube shown me the STOP button instead of the PLAY one.
This is a sad moment for me, I kept uploading everything that I wanted to watch again and remember (after years).
Never thought it would happen, but it did, and there is nothng I can do.
(choosing the internet to archive such moments was not a good idea)

If there was something that was still bringing me to VC:MP, that was my YT account.
I've uploaded there more over than 100 videos, representing: tutorials, events, funny moments, tricks, everything.

Back in the 0.3 days, some of my real life friends were also playin', and we did some videos. We watched them like one year ago, and laughed a lot. This is why I was keeping such videos - to remember and laugh...
(we will still do that, but having images with that was just great)

Now my account is dead, and so will be sseebbyy.
I've enjoyed a lot this mod, this community . I've met a lot of good people, that I will remember even after years, for sure.
Some impressed me by their intelligence, some by their creativity and some by their funny and interesting way to deal with things/life.
Thank you very much for all of this !

I also have to apologize you... all video tutorials I did so far were also removed.
So if you ever used them, hope you understood how things works, 'cause there is no way to review those videos. :P

That's it... without my account, my videos, I feel like an emty player, so cannot play anymore the way I used to.

-sseebbyy
Over !

[/spoiler]
This is how youtube are money whore!

Radon

alright YT,Thanks for answering. IN 5 DAYS, I HOPE SO MY STRIKE TO GET REMOVED OR ...

Kewun

My vcmp videos did not get removed, lol

Radon

Quote from: . on Nov 18, 2016, 04:14 PM
Quote from: Kewun on Nov 18, 2016, 04:08 PMMy vcmp videos did not get removed, lol

yet
Mines just the funny moments,LoL, but i still have the others.