Ban

Started by FarisDon, Jul 16, 2015, 03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FarisDon

function CheckBan( p )
{
           local q = QuerySQL( db, "SELECT Name,IP,UID FROM Bans WHERE Name='" + p + "'" );
   local  Name = GetSQLColumnData( q, 0 ), IP = GetSQLColumnData( q, 1 ) , UID = GetSQLColumnData( q, 2);
   if ( ( p.Name ) || ( p.IP)  || ( p.UID ))  return 1;
   else return 0;}

if ( CheckBan(player)=="1")Ban(player); // on server joins function

Well whenever ._. i join the server it kicks me even if my name is not in the database i had made this specially for vpn ban , and ip ban , but it always kick me.

DizzasTeR

Why are you comparing a bool value with string? it will never work, and secondly why are you re-banning a banned player? Try

if ( CheckBan( player ) ) KickPlayer( player );

FarisDon

Quote from: Doom_Killer on Jul 16, 2015, 03:18 PMWhy are you comparing a bool value with string? it will never work, and secondly why are you re-banning a banned player? Try

if ( CheckBan( player ) ) KickPlayer( player );
OH Dam i seriously forgot that ; Thank you :) Doom , and Eid mubarak.
Edit:Nope still it is banning me even there is no record in the Database.

[VSS]Shawn

try remove from db bam and try and eid mubarak FarisDon :)

FarisDon

Quote from: [VSS]Shawn on Jul 16, 2015, 03:48 PMtry remove from db bam and try and eid mubarak FarisDon :)
I can't understand what you mean????

Quote from: [VSS]Shawn on Jul 16, 2015, 03:48 PMtry remove from db bam and try and eid mubarak FarisDon :)

Damn dude. You must be truly retarded ;D Talking with your self and making no sense overall.

Thijn

Well no fucking shit it's banning you. You check if p.Name exists, if it does you get banned. Of course it exists >.<
You gotta rewrite that if statement.

FarisDon

Quote from: Thijn on Jul 16, 2015, 04:53 PMWell no fucking shit it's banning you. You check if p.Name exists, if it does you get banned. Of course it exists >.<
._. Eh thijn Which If statement there is only one that you mean checkban statement , but to re-write it like ?

Thijn

Quote from: Axel-Blaz on Jul 16, 2015, 05:11 PM
Quote from: Thijn on Jul 16, 2015, 04:53 PMWell no fucking shit it's banning you. You check if p.Name exists, if it does you get banned. Of course it exists >.<
._. Eh thijn Which If statement there is only one that you mean checkban statement , but to change it like what?
You wanna check if someone is banned, not if the player has a name. You got the query, now do something with it ;)

DizzasTeR

Ah yes of-course nice catch @Thijn.

So yeah Axel, I just noticed the mistake after reading Thijn's reply, you have to change this line.

to
if ( ( Name ) || ( IP)  || ( UID ))  return 1;

Because you don't need to check if the plaer's name, IP or UID exists, ofcourse they exist, you have to check the result of the query you are getting ( Name, IP, UID ) in that case, if the queries finds any of those data from the given name ( p ) then it will kick him otherwise it won't.

Thijn

Removed 2 useless replies. The solution has been posted.

FarisDon

Quote from: Thijn on Jul 16, 2015, 06:03 PMRemoved 2 useless replies. The solution has been posted.
Thijn is a mastermind guy :D he should be the one to create 0.5 :P
Quote from: Doom_Killer on Jul 16, 2015, 05:35 PMAh yes of-course nice catch @Thijn.

So yeah Axel, I just noticed the mistake after reading Thijn's reply, you have to change this line.

to
if ( ( Name ) || ( IP)  || ( UID ))  return 1;

Because you don't need to check if the plaer's name, IP or UID exists, ofcourse they exist, you have to check the result of the query you are getting ( Name, IP, UID ) in that case, if the queries finds any of those data from the given name ( p ) then it will kick him otherwise it won't.
Thanks i got it :).