[ Custom Car ] How to use custom sounds?

Started by KAKAN, Apr 10, 2016, 01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KAKAN

Well, I'm trying to make a custom car. I have some custom sounds for that car. I want to play that sound when the car moves( more like the tyre and engine sound ). How is it possible? How can I do it? Any help would be useful! :)
oh no

NicusorN5

IDK maybe something like:
if (Vehicle.Model == custom car)
   {
   if Vehicle.Speed > x)
    {
     //play a sound
   }
  }
:P

KAKAN

Quote from: NicusorN5 on Apr 10, 2016, 01:36 PMIDK maybe something like:
if (Vehicle.Model == custom car)
   {
   if Vehicle.Speed > x)
    {
     //play a sound
   }
  }
:P

I guess it can be done from the zip file itself, as in custom weapons. Waiting for some more answers
oh no

KAKAN

Okay well, I packaged all the things, and was good to go, but a new problem arose. And that was: The DFF's file size.
I request the devs( @Storemus , @maxorator ) to increase the DFF file size limit to 50 MB. My DFF file size is 30MB though, I'm going to make something more, which would take more than 45MB( to what I think ).
Here's the debug log( incase you want it )
[spoiler]MSG: Successfully loaded San Andreas vehicle texture dictionary.
Error in CMvlVehicle::RegisterArchiveFile: File 'sweeper.dff' is larger than 25165824 bytes.
Error in CMvlVehicle::ParseArchive: Could not register file 'sweeper.dff' from archive 'unknown'.
Error in CMvlVehicle::LoadFromArchive: Parsing vehicle archive failed.
Error in CVehicleHandler::LoadVehicleArchiveToSlot: Could not load vehicle archive 'unknown'.
[/spoiler]
oh no

NicusorN5

That's a f****ing 25.165824 MB LIMIT!

Thijn

Jesus, why is your file so big. You're probably doing something wrong is exporting, because that size is enormous.
Do you have the collision inside the dff, or in a separate file?

KAKAN

Quote from: Thijn on Apr 10, 2016, 02:43 PMDo you have the collision inside the dff, or in a separate file?
Inside the .DFF.
oh no

MacTavish

Then players won't be able to play i guess ;D they will spend whole day to just download those vehicles

Grand Hunting Project
Join #SLC, #KAKAN, #Doom, #GHP @LUnet

Retired VC:MP Player/Scripter :P

KAKAN

Quote from: MacTavish on Apr 10, 2016, 06:50 PMThen players won't be able to play i guess ;D they will spend whole day to just download those vehicles
no. The 7z makes the file size 8-9MB.
Quote from: KAKAN on Apr 10, 2016, 06:34 PM
Quote from: Thijn on Apr 10, 2016, 02:43 PMDo you have the collision inside the dff, or in a separate file?
Inside the .DFF.
And also note that, I'm using ZModeller2 and not GMAX. I had some problems with it( like "Non supported DFF" xd )
oh no

MacTavish

I think that error is Non-standard DFF i had same error but i found a solution and it works http://www.gta-modding.com/area/index.php?act=view&id=1251

Grand Hunting Project

Thijn

Export it for gta vc, and generate the col separately.

KAKAN

Quote from: Thijn on Apr 10, 2016, 08:57 PMExport it for gta vc, and generate the col separately.
How to?

Quote from: MacTavish on Apr 10, 2016, 07:05 PMI think that error is Non-standard DFF i had same error but i found a solution and it works http://www.gta-modding.com/area/index.php?act=view&id=1251
Got another problem with that app: can't find vertex order of split faces
oh no

Thijn

PM a link to the dff, and I'll see what I can do. I personally only used 3d Studio Max, so I probably can't help you using your program.

KAKAN

Quote from: Thijn on Apr 11, 2016, 03:45 PMPM a link to the dff, and I'll see what I can do. I personally only used 3d Studio Max, so I probably can't help you using your program.
No need. I'm using another thing instead of that. And the DFF we were talking about is on the internet, BMW i8, I was just doing some modifications to it.
Here's the link to that mod:
http://www.gtainside.com/en/sanandreas/cars/56011-2013-bmw-i8/
If you find a way to get a .col file, then please tell me how!
:edit: And also, how to add custom sound(s)?
oh no

MacTavish

Even after removing collisions and Shadow the file size is same i've removed collisions from DFF with Zmodeler2 and exported collision file with Collision Editor2 here is the arc
https://www.solidfiles.com/v/BqXyeDQeDawe7

Grand Hunting Project