React Os

Started by Mötley, Jun 15, 2016, 04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mötley

Okay so I still haven't finished unpacking to get a hold of my pc. But I have been considering upgrading my os sometime very soon.

I want to know if anyone here has dealt with Reactos?

As everything so far seems promising.

https://www.reactos.org/

Thijn

Why not pick a more popular distribution, with more support and prebuild packages?

Mötley

I have tried Linux. I could never really understand how to fully get it to work.

Is there a distribution other than Windows you would suggest Thijn?

EightyVice

i Read a article about it year ago
but i read that is the fastest OS in Booting and shutdown (Booting in 4 secs and shutdown in 0.02)
and it size 40 MB and is empty OS you need to install the programs from  (React Software Manager)

Thijn

Quote from: Mötley on Jun 15, 2016, 04:55 PMI have tried Linux. I could never really understand how to fully get it to work.

Is there a distribution other than Windows you would suggest Thijn?
If you don't get linux to work, there's not much else then Windows.

KAKAN

Ubuntu Mate if you're familiar with Windows.
oh no

Mötley

Well I want to keep this topic on topic.
[Rant: I always received failed packages and never really fully got it working for LU and VCMP.

That is what I like about ReactOs It's simpler supposedly as well there's so many good things about it. As well it looks retro (what I am use to)

I will buy another hdd and store mine away for future usages. And I will report the issues.

I would like to leave the topic open on any other appreciated feed back etc.

KAKAN

Well, I would suggest you to download Virtualbox and install all of your favorite Linus OSs and pick one according to your needs.
oh no

Mötley

I will try that sometime soon.

EightyVice

History of react OS return when Microsoft published windows 98 and it was very expensive so some developers want to make a windows similar to windows 98 and make it free , and it work on NT kernel.
Today work on NT kernel and it is open source to improve it more
Every day the puplish a build release
You should setup it on virtual box cuz it may harm your pc

Mötley

Okay @Zeyad Ahmed I will look into that. I have a strong build I think It should be fine but better safe than not thanks!

EightyVice

I downloaded it now and i will see it
It was 94 mb wow lightest OS

Mötley

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCMo8NP-2oP35rauon-Duc9Q

Nice! Now I wonder about UID issues with the react os. As well other complications maybe a Linux user will a few words to say on VCMP compatibility..