Client Update Released (27 July)

Started by Stormeus, Jul 27, 2015, 10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stormeus

A client update has been released for 04rel003.
  • Fixed emergency vehicle lights for non-MVL vehicles.
  • Fixed the game freezing when loading the Steam version in fullscreen mode.
  • Blocked a first-person quickscope exploit that allowed shooting through walls and being more unhittable.
  • Fixed being able to reconnect to servers you were kicked from through the menu.
  • Spike strips are now removed when their owner dies, is streamed out, or is too far away.
  • FPS is now properly reported when the player is paused.
  • Attempts to make checkpoints and spheres more stable.
  • Added a new splash screen.

This update will take effect upon reloading the browser.

EK.IceFlake

Quote•Fixed being able to reconnect to servers you were kicked from through the menu.
You shitter! I don't know what to call you maybe not even such a word exists in the English language to describe you!
Why do you want to shit up with us and give us inconvenience!? We had a nice convenient way to reconnect and you took it away too. Now there is only 1 way other than the proper. I'm not gonna tell it to you ever.

Stormeus

@NE.CrystalBlue Reconnect was intended to be a courtesy for players whose connections might've dropped to servers they were playing on, and it still serves that purpose. It is not a means for people who were kicked or removed from the server to be able to reconnect with minimal effort.

EK.IceFlake

You know that anyone with assembly knowledge can revert it - right?
He even has full source to VCMP 0.4 but in assembly. Unluckily assembly is one o the hardest languages to learn, besides python.

Stormeus

Quote from: NE.CrystalBlue on Jul 28, 2015, 09:41 AMYou know that anyone with assembly knowledge can revert it - right?
He even has full source to VCMP 0.4 but in assembly.

That's not exactly source code, just disassembly.

Anyone can disassemble Windows.

Eduardovich

What about cyrillic font or Unicode at all in the future? Or is it not in the plans? ::)

Sir. Cucuruchito

Error (try to connect), I can't enter my server.
Commando Miami 80's
IP: 206.189.97.12:8192

Stormeus

Quote from: Eduardovich on Jul 28, 2015, 10:27 AMWhat about cyrillic font or Unicode at all in the future? Or is it not in the plans? ::)

Unicode is some ways off still.

Quote from: Ququr_Uxcho on Jul 28, 2015, 11:23 AMError (try to connect), I can't enter my server.

Oh damn, looks like I left a debug message in. I'll have to fix it later. If you switch to that message box and click OK it should continue and let you connect.

ysc3839

The startup picture is so bad, I think you should enable anti-alias. :)

Joao^

You deserve congratulations Stormeus guy is getting better ;D ;)

KAKAN

oh no

Hanney

Start up picture is really low quality I think there should be another one similar to 0.3 with all the different kinds of events blending into 1 big image. Forget the arty name for it. Seeing that when booting up vc-mp for the first time for new players is most likely going to give a really bad first initial impression.

Klaus

Yeah, the start up pictures for 0.4 thus far have been horrible.