List of bugs and suggestions

Started by Murdock, Aug 30, 2015, 12:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KAKAN

Quote from: T800 on Apr 02, 2017, 05:28 PMI don't know, whether it's already suggested anywhere, but i think, implementing SSL support into the sockets plugin would be very useful, for example, when connecting to an IRC server via SSL, etc.
I guess you can. Just change the port, the server( irc one ) will automatically redirect you to SSL one if its configured like it.
oh no

T800

Quote from: KAKAN on Apr 03, 2017, 05:09 AM
Quote from: T800 on Apr 02, 2017, 05:28 PMI don't know, whether it's already suggested anywhere, but i think, implementing SSL support into the sockets plugin would be very useful, for example, when connecting to an IRC server via SSL, etc.
I guess you can. Just change the port, the server( irc one ) will automatically redirect you to SSL one if its configured like it.
Thanks for the reply, but i tested it with multiple IRC servers and it isn't working. Once the connection is successfully established, you can set the nick, username, realname, but after that, SSL handshake will fail, unfortunatelly.

T800

Recently, i faced with another limitation of scripting possibilities, which is about radio stations. I don't know, whether it's already feasible by any other way, but an event would be really nice for the channel change of a certain vehichle. I think of a callback, like onVehicleRadioChange( id, vehicle ), since as fas, as i know, detecting the radio channel id, what the player is actually listening to, is impossible atm.

PunkNoodle

Quote from: T800 on May 13, 2017, 08:07 PMRecently, i faced with another limitation of scripting possibilities, which is about radio stations. I don't know, whether it's already feasible by any other way, but an event would be really nice for the channel change of a certain vehichle. I think of a callback, like onVehicleRadioChange( id, vehicle ), since as fas, as i know, detecting the radio channel id, what the player is actually listening to, is impossible atm.
You can use Vehicle.Radio to check the current radio station.

T800

Quote from: PunkNoodle on May 14, 2017, 07:46 AM
Quote from: T800 on May 13, 2017, 08:07 PMRecently, i faced with another limitation of scripting possibilities, which is about radio stations. I don't know, whether it's already feasible by any other way, but an event would be really nice for the channel change of a certain vehichle. I think of a callback, like onVehicleRadioChange( id, vehicle ), since as fas, as i know, detecting the radio channel id, what the player is actually listening to, is impossible atm.
You can use Vehicle.Radio to check the current radio station.

Sure, i'm aware of this (thanks for the suggestion itself anyways), but it won't help, if you'd like to detect explicitly the radio station change event. For always up-to-date informations on this - while the player is in the vehicle - we'd use a timer, which would be a pretty ugly and wasteful workaround, i think.

Stormeus

I'm closing the bug report on buttons not working on 3D entities as a "won't fix" issue. 3D entities don't take input from mice (or gunshots) so they're not expected to respond to mouse events.

I'm also closing the report on custom weapons imitating the chainsaw as unreproducible; as of the latest client update I can't observe this behavior using this weapon definition (which was lazily edited from this weapon showroom submission):

https://mega.nz/#!tUtVmT5S!niK0qidYbhel3g3IG4fUYzbq5VXAiRD_dTev9Ns0T6Y

The crash-on-quit issue is partially resolved with Listboxes, but I'm not 100% sure this is the full extent of the issue, and it doesn't seem that anyone has reported this happening with other GUI arrangements.

Anik

Quote from: Stormeus on May 24, 2017, 05:07 PMThe crash-on-quit issue is partially resolved with Listboxes, but I'm not 100% sure this is the full extent of the issue, and it doesn't seem that anyone has reported this happening with other GUI arrangements.
GUISprite

Stormeus

Quote from: Murdock on Aug 30, 2015, 12:07 AMWhen storing GUI references inside a table/array, iterating through them becomes impossible.
Removing all references is only possible by setting the table to null.

Can't reproduce with this test script (which requires a dumb.png sprite):

Listbox <- GUIListbox(VectorScreen(5, 5), VectorScreen(150, 300));
Listbox.AddItem("Hello");
Listbox.AddItem("World!");
Listbox.AddItem("How");
Listbox.AddItem("Are");
Listbox.AddItem("You?");
Listbox.RemoveItem("Are");

Window <- GUIWindow(VectorScreen(50, 50), VectorScreen(200, 360), Colour(127, 127, 127));
Window.Text = "Test Window";
Window.AddChild(Listbox);
Window.SendToTop();

Button <- GUIButton(VectorScreen(5, 310), VectorScreen(150, 40), Colour(255, 255, 255));
Button.TextColour = Colour(0, 0, 0);
Button.Text = "Click me!";
Button.SendToTop();

Sprite <- GUISprite("dumb.png", VectorScreen(400, 50));
Sprite.SendToTop();

testArray <- [Listbox, Window, Button, Sprite];
foreach (elem in testArray) {
    print(elem);
}

print(testArray[0] == Listbox);
print(testArray[1] == Window);
print(testArray[2] == Button);
print(testArray[3] == Sprite);

Sprite <- null;
Button <- null;
Window <- null;
Listbox <- null;

testArray.remove(3);
testArray.remove(2);
testArray.remove(0);

Quote from: Murdock on Aug 30, 2015, 12:07 AMWhen placing objects on sea (near the Cortez yacht), the coordinates of players, pickups and objects tend to differ

Need elaboration on this, and preferably a simple test script demonstrating the issue.

kennedyarz

print(testArray[0] == Listbox);

??

Stormeus

Quote from: kennedyarz on May 25, 2017, 11:38 AMprint(testArray[0] == Listbox);

??

To make sure that the GUI elements are present in the order inserted.

Aaron

SAzEe21

Quote from: Aaron on May 25, 2017, 01:36 PMSetAlpha for custom skins.
I don't think there's any function like that, but it should also work with custom skins too.

kennedyarz

Quote from: Stormeus on May 25, 2017, 12:44 PM

??

But it is talking about print on the client side and is adjusting it that way. Should not be

Console.Print(testArray[0] == Listbox);
Console.Print(testArray[1] == Window);
Console.Print(testArray[2] == Button);
Console.Print(testArray[3] == Sprite); 
?

Stormeus

Quote from: kennedyarz on May 25, 2017, 03:31 PM
Quote from: Stormeus on May 25, 2017, 12:44 PM

??

But it is talking about print on the client side and is adjusting it that way. Should not be

Console.Print(testArray[0] == Listbox);
Console.Print(testArray[1] == Window);
Console.Print(testArray[2] == Button);
Console.Print(testArray[3] == Sprite); 
?

print() on the client side writes to a debug log and is valid.

rww

Quote from: vito on Mar 24, 2017, 11:37 AM...
Bugs:
1) Using custom radar disc with opening map in the pause menu make game crash after back to game.

bump

and not only when opening map in pause menu, game crashes also when we enable/disable radar in display menu.
Join to Irrelevant Club Discord: https://discord.gg/MsPPZ5uV4X