Access this URL in Chrome

Started by ., Sep 21, 2015, 05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

There's some interesting news recently about a funny bug in Chrome. And all you have to do is enter the following URL in your address bar and then access it:
http://a/%%30%30
I don't have Chrome installed but if anyone can confirm this works it'd be cool. Could be that Google fixed the issue by now so expect void results :D

Thijn

It already crashes the tab when you hover of a link with that URL :P
So yes, it works :)

QuoteThe %%300 at the end of the URL is converted into %00 (0x30 is the ASCII code for '0'. The %%300 becomes this string of characters: the original '%', the converted '0', and the original '0'. Combined, that's '%00'.) This sticks a NULL byte at the end of the web address.

Quote from: Thijn on Sep 21, 2015, 05:25 PMIt already crashes the tab when you hover of a link with that URL :P

On XP it crashes the entire browser. Tried it on my brother ;D

NewK

NewK

This one's better, it gets faster as time goes on.

KAKAN

lol! This crashed all the webpages that were opened in Opera :D
oh no

MacTavish

Nothing happend to me neither in Chrome nor firefox

Grand Hunting Project
Join #SLC, #KAKAN, #Doom, #GHP @LUnet

Retired VC:MP Player/Scripter :P

KAKAN

oh no

Debian

Quote from: Kusanagi on Sep 22, 2015, 03:05 PMNothing happend to me neither in Chrome nor firefox
It is working in windows 7 and for  windows 10 it is not working in edge and chrome.

KAKAN

Right! it never worked in my PC, I was thinking about the reason.
oh no

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough. It's only for chrome and chrome derivatives. Preferably older versions that might not have been fixed.