Connection and wep sync

Started by KakaroT, Mar 08, 2016, 08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KakaroT

Hi there.
1. Connection:
Since the Feb or 1st March update I have noticed whenever I connect to any server it shows like "connecting to ..., disconnected, reconnecting, connecting to ...., connection success. loading server info. Before it was "connecting to ...., connection success. loading server info." Not sure if it only happens to me.
https://youtu.be/P3bhaCaGFAw

2. Terrible weapon sync:
Weapon sync has become terrible since Feb update. Some glitches are occurring while holding down fire button.  Nothing to explain more and I will give link to Stormeus in PM when he sees this topic to prevent players abusing all those glitches as they give a lot of unfair advantage.

tenkx

MacTavish

Connection problem doesn't happening to me hope your vcmp browser has downloaded all updates because if any update prevent download then it may occur problem in connection

Grand Hunting Project
Join #SLC, #KAKAN, #Doom, #GHP @LUnet

Retired VC:MP Player/Scripter :P

KakaroT

Quote from: Kusanagi on Mar 08, 2016, 08:53 AMConnection problem doesn't happening to me hope your vcmp browser has downloaded all updates because if any update prevent download then it may occur problem in connection
Nope you didn't get it. I meant while connecting to server, "you connects, disconnects, reconnects, connects, connected." It actually should be connects connected. When you connect to server you connect and disconnect and then reconnect and then you finally get connected. watch the video and see those connecting msgs.

aXXo

Previously, some custom content was not loading for players when they downloaded it for the first time(I noticed this for map icons), so we had to instruct players to reconnect to the server.

I guess the devs used a workaround to reconnect a player automatically whenever a new file is downloaded :)

About the shotgun sync, my observation is that prior to the update a lot of shots failed to sync while rapid C-glitching. That has been addressed in the update, but now glitchers are sliding a lot. I guess we can't have the best of both worlds.

KakaroT

Not sure about connecting thingy, I had all my files downloaded and in the video server had no custom file, it was fine before march update (I guess) I noticed it after march update whenever I connect to any server it connects and bla blah bla. About the c glitching (the crouching one) shoots are not synced when you do it very fast with shotgun or stubby, I guess it is because of reload thingy or something else I probably don't know. It happens less with spas as it shoots rapidly but if you do a 'real fast' crouching it still happens. I noticed many glitches which are happening since feb update which increased player slide more and killed animation canceling glitch with shotguns and introduced some more glitches that can be a big advantage to one who masters them and a biggest advantage will be using those glitches in LW server.

luchgox

I also getting this message of connected then disconnected then reconnecting after this finally it will connected
Strength does not come from wining.Your struggles develop your strengths.

DizzasTeR

That's not the case. Even though I'm not downloading any new/updated files on the server, I always get the connecting to ..., disconnected, reconnecting thingy.