Features you'd like to see.

Started by ., Mar 23, 2016, 09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

For those that keep insisting on VCMP implementing NPC, please consider the following reasons why they're not implemented.

Quote23:56:47 <SLC> everyone on the forum insists on VCMP having NPCs implemented. but I keep thinking. will they know to implement an AI system to actually use those NPC? :/
23:59:12 <Kirollos> xDD
23:57:33 <SLC> because in my short programming experience. AI (Artificial Inteligence) systems are not an easy task
23:57:59 <SLC> and these people can't even do a proper print(value); without breaking something
23:59:41 <SLC> I'm guessing that their idea of NPC is that you create something like an object and call a function EnterInVehicleMoron() to simply make a character sit in a vehicle like a retard doing nothing
00:00:55 <SLC> or put him like a pillar inside some weapon shop to look at you constantly hoping you won't steal weapons
00:03:02 <SLC> I'm gonna laugh so hard if the devs decide to implement it and then see how no one will use it to it's full potential because... well... you know... "pro" scripters
00:05:31 <Kirollos> yeah ofc, vc-mp is full of pro scripters
00:05:05 <SLC> I keep trying to think of ways where the average VCMP scripter could use NPC and trying to keep it to a realistic level of their knowledge
00:06:17 <SLC> so far I got the vehicle thing and ammo salesman
00:06:29 <SLC> because they both do nothing

Quote from: vito on Apr 18, 2016, 04:58 PMoptions
disable sprint for all
disable jumping for all

How dafuq am I supposed to do that man? Use your brain for a second or two, if you have any. How am I supposed to do that?

Xmair

Credits to Boystang!

VU Full Member | VCDC 6 Coordinator & Scripter | EG A/D Contributor | Developer of VCCNR | Developer of KTB | Ex-Scripter of EAD

Quote from: Xmair on Apr 18, 2016, 05:16 PMA better anticheat.

Yeah, I actually have the best anti-cheat implemented. Basically, no one can use aim-bots, wall-hacks, speed-hacks or any kind of hacks using this anti-cheat system. I just tested it a few hours ago to see how well it performs. @Murdock can confirm it's legit. None of us could any kind cheats whatsoever. It even fixes all of the VC:MP bugs and glitches that can be used to cheat. It uses the server to inject itself into the client and then takes over the client and blocks all forms of cheating.

Even though it's finished. I'll probably release it sometime next year (Q4) because I want to be able to use cheats a little longer.

Thijn

Quote from: vito on Apr 18, 2016, 05:42 PM
Quote from: . on Apr 18, 2016, 05:01 PM
Quote from: vito on Apr 18, 2016, 04:58 PMoptions
disable sprint for all
disable jumping for all

How dafuq am I supposed to do that man? Use your brain for a second or two, if you have any. How am I supposed to do that?
Is it was off-topic?
S.L.C. is making a scripting plugin. Things you can't currently do with the server can't magically work on this plugin. S.L.C. is limited by the plugin api provided by the server.

Xmair

Credits to Boystang!

VU Full Member | VCDC 6 Coordinator & Scripter | EG A/D Contributor | Developer of VCCNR | Developer of KTB | Ex-Scripter of EAD

Thijn

Quote from: Xmair on Apr 19, 2016, 05:56 PMCPlayer.Gravity?
Not possible.

Check this file for every possible API call you can make to the server. That's what SLC has to deal with and is limited by:
https://bitbucket.org/stormeus/0.4-squirrel/src/43456fd5de04aa3a2e970c89938c790540c90c42/VCMP.h?fileviewer=file-view-default

vcmptr

HTTP page downloader. Like this. I've tried with sockets but I could not.
My English is not good.

Quote from: vcmptr on Apr 19, 2016, 09:39 PMHTTP page downloader. Like this. I've tried with sockets but I could not.

I have that planned for a module that wraps the Mongoose library. It's still a work in progress but when finished, it should provide a fully functional HTTP server/client with support for web-sockets for real time live maps (no more jsoon files). As well as TCP and UDP communications.

However, I need to implement that in a way that doesn't affect the frame-rate.Which means I'd have to run it into a separate thread. And since Squirrel is not a thread safe language. I'm not sure how to achieve that without creating a bottleneck from all the context switching to communicate between threads. Which means that this module is still pending for now.

And I can't see any safe and decent way of going with this so I might spend a while until I come up with something.

Zihad-VCMP

A better server files downloader -...- It gets really booooooring if the server has lots of files and a bit large files like 5+ MB. So a better downloader that can download using Computer's bestest speed would be better. Like downloading it at at least 256 kbps....

KAKAN

Quote from: Zihad-VCMP on Apr 22, 2016, 06:22 AMA better server files downloader -...- It gets really booooooring if the server has lots of files and a bit large files like 5+ MB. So a better downloader that can download using Computer's bestest speed would be better. Like downloading it at at least 256 kbps....
Quote from: Thijn on Apr 19, 2016, 05:59 PM
Quote from: Xmair on Apr 19, 2016, 05:56 PMCPlayer.Gravity?
Not possible.

Check this file for every possible API call you can make to the server. That's what SLC has to deal with and is limited by:
https://bitbucket.org/stormeus/0.4-squirrel/src/43456fd5de04aa3a2e970c89938c790540c90c42/VCMP.h?fileviewer=file-view-default
Read before posting :D
Simple answer: Not possible :D
oh no

Quote from: KAKAN on Apr 22, 2016, 06:32 AMSimple answer: Not possible :D

It is possible. Just not on my end.

KAKAN

Quote from: . on Apr 22, 2016, 07:33 AM

You're wrong. It's not possible. Stormeus is never going to do it due to his laziness in doing stuff :D
oh no

Quote from: KAKAN on Apr 22, 2016, 08:47 AMStormeus is never going to do it due to his laziness in doing stuff :D

Pay him the amount of money that any average programmer would charge for such a job and I can guarantee you that he will implement it.

But then again, I don't see you implementing anything! So why complain that he isn't?

Stormeus

Quote from: KAKAN on Apr 22, 2016, 08:47 AM
Quote from: . on Apr 22, 2016, 07:33 AM

You're wrong. It's not possible. Stormeus is never going to do it due to his laziness in doing stuff :D

ok