Server.exe Memory issues.

Started by Mötley, May 01, 2016, 09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thijn

If you keep closing and opening the server it doesn't sound like an memory leak in the server. Try looking at your process explorer to see what process did eat all your memory while it's ran out.

Mötley

Quote from: Thijn on May 02, 2016, 04:28 PMIf you keep closing and opening the server it doesn't sound like an memory leak in the server. Try looking at your process explorer to see what process did eat all your memory while it's ran out.

I will look into this and another thing is I actually have 6 gb of ram :o so sounds like something has died.

Quote from: Mötley on May 02, 2016, 04:45 PMI will look into this and another thing is I actually have 6 gb of ram :o so sounds like something has died.

Yes but it looks like you have XP and 32bit none the less. Therefore you can only use half your RAM.

Mötley

So far after defraging  many times it has helped. (" many times as it never finishes all the data")
But other than that I have not seen any issues,, !Yet!. My hard drive use to make a lot of noise as well , Thats really quiet again,

This PC has always been really solid in performance, There should also never be any cpu issues at all as I have a quad core,(4 cpus)

I will update if this happens anytime soon. If not withing a month problem solved
 and locked

Mötley

Okay so after I noticed the more I have going on,

Internet Browser.( squirrel wiki and other methods online)
Server.exe.
Folder Directorys (I keep all of my servers in one file)
NotePad++.
Microsoft word/Excel
Client browser
Caculator.exe
Gta3 or Gtavc.exe (one or the other)

I will begin getting the message about virtual memory.

Cpu is only 15 % used and the temperature is at 58 Degrees F
Video card is 58 Degrees F with lazar. (256mb Needs to be upgraded but will do)
Mobo is averaging at around 60 Degrees F. Which is NICE

So Cpu is fine, Just not my ram, OS needs to be updated and within budget, Replace the IDE HDD with a sata (better speeds),

**I could use suggestions on the budget build, 

Seems I might need to update my battery pack as well do a voltage check in the wall socket, as the pc turns off randomly :( EEK