Is it Possible to car jacking

Started by Kewun, Jul 23, 2016, 12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rww

Quote from: Finch Real on Jul 24, 2016, 08:20 AMNot Devs Choice Its Your Choice To Add it with some hard work

But devs can add this with a nice sync and animations from SP.
Join to Irrelevant Club Discord: https://discord.gg/MsPPZ5uV4X

Finch Real

Yep but i think devs will look forward to solve current bugs so its all abut us
My Snipet Showroom

http://pastebin.com/5KKuU5cg

Eva

If im right they dont have to add, but just enable it. Like in mtavc it is there without the need of scripting arround it. Its allready there in gta itself.
And in mta there were never bugs or syncprobs with jacking cars.

Xmair

Quote from: Eva on Jul 24, 2016, 12:19 PMIf im right they dont have to add, but just enable it. Like in mtavc it is there without the need of scripting arround it. Its allready there in gta itself.

MTA is MTA, and you can never beat that.

Credits to Boystang!

VU Full Member | VCDC 6 Coordinator & Scripter | EG A/D Contributor | Developer of VCCNR | Developer of KTB | Ex-Scripter of EAD

Stormeus

Quote from: Xmair on Jul 24, 2016, 12:22 PM
Quote from: Eva on Jul 24, 2016, 12:19 PMIf im right they dont have to add, but just enable it. Like in mtavc it is there without the need of scripting arround it. Its allready there in gta itself.

MTA is MTA, and you can never beat that.

He's talking about MTA:VC, which was never updated like MTA:SA and has been abandoned for years. Try playing it sometime. Carjacking may work fine but everything else is arguably inferior to VC:MP 0.3. Having seen the source code, it's in no state to be maintained.

Quote from: Eva on Jul 24, 2016, 12:19 PMLike in mtavc it is there without the need of scripting arround it. Its allready there in gta itself.

We would still need to put in additional effort to make sure that things like animations are synced to avoid issues from 0.3 where players would appear to just stand there before jacking your car. We would also need to make sure server owners have the ability to determine whether or not players should be able to jack cars, on a per-entry basis.

This shouldn't be particularly difficult, it just hasn't been a priority for us until this thread.

EK.IceFlake

Oh, I thought it was the hydraulic jack :D
well the Wikipedia article stated the fact 'not to be confused with Car Jack'

KAKAN

If I were a developer, I would have fixed the bugs instead of making this 8)
oh no

Xmair

Quote from: KAKAN on Jul 25, 2016, 08:35 AMIf I were a developer, I would have fixed the bugs instead of making this 8)
was*

Credits to Boystang!

VU Full Member | VCDC 6 Coordinator & Scripter | EG A/D Contributor | Developer of VCCNR | Developer of KTB | Ex-Scripter of EAD

Stormeus

Quote from: Xmair on Jul 25, 2016, 12:04 PM
Quote from: KAKAN on Jul 25, 2016, 08:35 AMIf I were a developer, I would have fixed the bugs instead of making this 8)
was*

"Were" is correct, strictly speaking.

Kewun

i made a script for car jacking. find it in snippets room