can't chat

Started by Den, Mar 14, 2015, 09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Den

idk wht i can't talk with any one always show you not connected. i check in all server same problem with all server

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7itHNQ7vfpw&feature=youtu.be

MacTavish

This server is Not 0.4

Grand Hunting Project
Join #SLC, #KAKAN, #Doom, #GHP @LUnet

Retired VC:MP Player/Scripter :P

Den

27.118.20.170:8192

this is not 0.4 server ?? i check in all server btw

MacTavish

Ok Did you really using 0.4 Client? your chat arrow ">" is from 0.3 if not then download for your operating system

32Bit = Download
64Bit = Download

This is 0.4 Client and its working

Grand Hunting Project

Den

for chat type t ?? then

Gudio

Two VC-MPs (0.3 and 0.4) are running at the same time. Remove 0.3 files and try again. :p

Den

Sebastian

Quote from: Gudio on Mar 14, 2015, 10:44 AMTwo VC-MPs (0.3 and 0.4) are running at the same time. Remove 0.3 files and try again. :p

I was ready to say that he just tried to troll us. :D
Never thought about something like that, because I never thought it's possible.

If the problem is solved, tell the solution and lock the topic. :)

EK.IceFlake

Did anyone notice that the background is VCMP0.4, with some 0.4 messages at the top, and then an overlay/layer with a 0.3zr2 fake chat.

Sebastian

Quote from: NE.CrystalBlue on Apr 02, 2015, 01:01 PMDid anyone notice that the background is VCMP0.4, with some 0.4 messages at the top, and then an overlay/layer with a 0.3zr2 fake chat.

Quote from: Gudio on Mar 14, 2015, 10:44 AMTwo VC-MPs (0.3 and 0.4) are running at the same time. Remove 0.3 files and try again. :p

a bump for ... what ?

Stormeus

Quote from: NE.CrystalBlue on Apr 02, 2015, 01:01 PMDid anyone notice that the background is VCMP0.4, with some 0.4 messages at the top, and then an overlay/layer with a 0.3zr2 fake chat.

Yes, that was what was causing the problem. 0.4 and 0.3 were installed and running at the same time, causing them to interfere with each other.

MacTavish

Another thing today i've seen that we can join 0.3 server through 0.4 client by adding ip in favourites

Grand Hunting Project

Stormeus

Quote from: Beztone on Apr 02, 2015, 11:01 PMAnother thing today i've seen that we can join 0.3 server through 0.4 client by adding ip in favourites

No, actually, you can't. They're two completely different protocols.

MacTavish

Yea but 0.4 client still can sync 0.3 server, i've joined an server today

The second line server is 0.3

Grand Hunting Project

Stormeus

@Beztone That's not the 0.4 client joining a 0.3 server. That's the browser showing a 0.3 server. The browser will fall back to using VC:MP 0.3 if it needs to join, but that doesn't mean 0.4 "syncs" 0.3 servers.