maxplayers

Started by Diamond, Feb 14, 2017, 09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diamond

While trying to run a server in linux ubuntu 16.04 with command ./mpsvrrel64 -maxplayers 'z'
limits players to 'z' and in server.cfg if we enter maxplayers >'z' then it will set maxplayers to 'z' and if maxplayers entered in server.cfg < 'z' then it would set maxplayers to what we entered in server.cfg
clearly, what I mean is -maxplayers in command is used to set a maxlimit. Is there any way to set maxplayers in a server which works same as maxplayers set in server.cfg to work in a command line or anywhere else. I remember I did not used to enter maxplayers in drakes host and it used to work on what drake set it to without interfering in server.cfg(not sure. Correct if I am wrong @Drake ). But if theres any....
Simply, I just wanna know the way to set, not limit maxplayers without interfering in server.cfg?
Probably I was thinking to provide free host with panel instead of ssh, so for that I want to set maxplayers to what I want, not limit them.

Thijn

Why wouldn't you allow less slots then you specify on the command line?

Diamond

Okay actually I was just searching if there could be any way because Drake used to do the same so i thought it might be there by vcmp.
I ll be using limiting maxplayers, just wanted to know if it could be possible through any of vcmp functions but it doesnt seems to be there.