Bug-VCMP 0.4

Started by Maddy, Apr 18, 2015, 08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maddy

Whenever I try to get in any server, a popup shows up. When I launched the game a couple of times, it would work. Now it doesn't. pls halp

Sebastian

Did you mod your Vice City since the last join ?
If you didn't mod it:
Quote from: maxoratorTry changing "game_windowed 1" to "game_windowed 0" in the vcmp_config.txt file in your VC:MP directory.

Gulk

This happened to me at random a few times, simply connecting again fixed it.

Maddy

Tried an hundred times, nope. Didn't start. I don't care about Beta version, does the same thing happen in the real 0.4 version?

Stormeus

Here's a browser build that waits an infinite amount of time for VC:MP to start:
http://v04.maxorator.com/files/VCMPBrowser.nowait.zip

Open up the Run menu (Windows Key + R), go to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Vice City Multiplayer and extract that there. See if Vice City at least loads when you use it. If it doesn't, and the Task Manager shows Vice City hovering under or around 10M of RAM forever, something's wrong.

Maddy

Mariu22S

This is normal too so i have. Is not virus.

Maddy

I cannot install it as my browser does not allow it to. Any alternative links?

Stormeus

Quote from: Maddy on Apr 19, 2015, 09:27 AMI cannot install it as my browser does not allow it to. Any alternative links?

I don't have an alternative link. The arrow next to the discard button should allow you to download it though. If it doesn't, here's a Mega link:
https://mega.co.nz/#!5RlHGbYQ!sM8VoHTplrOh8MZL87hK6t6DX7iz4u8wL2c1E7fogxc

Maddy

The arrow thing worked. Thanks dude! I do not have my PC Which has the game right now. As soon as I get home, I'll check it out, till then. Topic locked.

Stormeus

Quote from: Maddy on Apr 19, 2015, 09:31 AMThe arrow thing worked. Thanks dude!

No problem. Now does the modified browser work? :P

Maddy

Quote from: Maddy on Apr 19, 2015, 09:31 AMI do not have my PC Which has the game right now. As soon as I get home, I'll check it out, till then. Topic locked.