Major Update for 0.4 Released (19 Apr.)

Started by Stormeus, Apr 19, 2015, 09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gulk

Nilz

Gudio: Linux.

//edit:

I also tried to open the server on my PC (Windows), and this is happening:

But anyway, I care more about solving this issue in Linux.

Gulk: That method didn't work either :(

karan20000000000

:O This happened with me too when I was using old plugins with new server or new plugins with old server.
Try redownloading all new files and set up the stuff again.
If that doesn't work then it could be also due to some script error or some timer.
With regards,
KP
------------------------------------------

Nilz

I had already re-downloaded all new files (except sockets module since I'm not using it)

Gudio

@Nilz
Please try this squirrel: x32 or x64 and let me know if they worked.

Nilz

My problem has been solved.

Thanks everyone who helped me! It is really appreciated :D

Thijn

Quote from: Nilz on Apr 20, 2015, 06:08 PMMy problem has been solved.

Thanks everyone who helped me! It is really appreciated :D
Please share the problem and solution, so other people can find the solution if they encounter the same.

Nilz

[15:19] (Monday - 15:19) <Nilz> what did you do
[15:19] (Monday - 15:19) <Nilz> to fix it?
[15:19] (Monday - 15:19) <Murdock> i replaced your modules and executables with mine (some i got from gudio 10 min ago)
[15:20] (Monday - 15:20) <Murdock> i replaced line endings with UNIX in your config and scripts
[15:20] (Monday - 15:20) <Murdock> I added a few parameters to your server.cfg, just like mine
[15:20] (Monday - 15:20) <Murdock> I chmodded all your executables, .so and .db files to 755
[15:20] (Monday - 15:20) <Murdock> and it worked :P

@Nilz So basically it was the common problems that you should always check.

• Proper plugins for the used architecture and OS
  • Proper plugins to match the used server release
  • Access rights
  • Line endings

Nilz

When I was having that problem, I deleted plugins and the Server executable file and re-downloaded everything again. I even deleted all files from FTP and re-uploaded them again. I set the permissions to 777, and it didn't work.

But I don't really know about Line-endings, so that might have been the main problem. Throughout the time I've been making scripts in VC:MP, I never set or checked line-endings of anything. :P