Started by Shadow, Apr 26, 2015, 11:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[VSS]Shawn

Stormeus

Quote from: SoFahim on Jul 22, 2015, 07:32 AM
Quote from: Stormeus on Jul 21, 2015, 05:44 PM
Quote from: SoFahim on Jul 21, 2015, 02:56 PM
Quote from: Stormeus on Jul 19, 2015, 08:16 PM
Quote from: kokia on Jul 19, 2015, 06:14 PMyou said it will be never be released as an open code which i think means that u will not post it here ever then are you just making us jealous?

If closed source is about jealousy then VC:MP must've been a way to make SA:MP jealous too.

You are right Stormeus . Because of no source code of a server ( script ) , There many person who cannot make there own server in VCMP. If VCMP will have source , then VCMP would be more famous. I hope there should be one way for that.

Or, people will take the source code, change maybe two minor things, and make dozens of crappy 0.4 clones, as had happened with 0.1c.
But this is the best way for make VCMP Famous. As SAMP doing. BTW, Tell me how become SAMP . Even the GTA4MP is like VCMP.

SA:MP isn't open source either.

SoFahim

Quote from: Stormeus on Jul 22, 2015, 07:36 AM
Quote from: SoFahim on Jul 22, 2015, 07:32 AM
Quote from: Stormeus on Jul 21, 2015, 05:44 PM
Quote from: SoFahim on Jul 21, 2015, 02:56 PM
Quote from: Stormeus on Jul 19, 2015, 08:16 PM
Quote from: kokia on Jul 19, 2015, 06:14 PMyou said it will be never be released as an open code which i think means that u will not post it here ever then are you just making us jealous?

If closed source is about jealousy then VC:MP must've been a way to make SA:MP jealous too.

You are right Stormeus . Because of no source code of a server ( script ) , There many person who cannot make there own server in VCMP. If VCMP will have source , then VCMP would be more famous. I hope there should be one way for that.

Or, people will take the source code, change maybe two minor things, and make dozens of crappy 0.4 clones, as had happened with 0.1c.
But this is the best way for make VCMP Famous. As SAMP doing. BTW, Tell me how become SAMP . Even the GTA4MP is like VCMP.

SA:MP isn't open source either.
I mean Script ( Gamemode ) open source. Not the Main script of  client or server. 

The reason I have left VC-MP is scripting base + the gameplay.
VC-MP 0.4 released with lots of awesome things but they put pawn behind.

Stormeus

Quote from: SoFahim on Jul 22, 2015, 07:42 AMI mean Script ( Gamemode ) open source. Not the Main script of  client or server.

Then the problem becomes people just spamming the master list with the same server script over and over, not understanding anything about it. I'd bet that at least half of the Squirrel support threads are because someone just copied VCCNR or Warchiefs and hit a brick wall when they actually needed to add a feature.

Servers should be unique, and therefore scripts should be unique, so you won't see me advocating for open source scripts either. Besides, Shadow's server is dependent on client and server modification modules that haven't even been released yet.

Sebastian

Quote from: SoFahim on Jul 22, 2015, 07:42 AMI mean Script ( Gamemode ) open source. Not the Main script of  client or server. 

lol. Gamemodes are released when somebody is getting bored of them, or just want to share their work.
Anyway, in our case, we have a new client with many features that some of us are testing as much as possible, and trying to create a nice unique server. Why would we share the source ? Guys like you will simply edit it a bit, give it another name/credits and just fill the masterlist with the same gamemode.

SoFahim

hmm. Understand. BTW , to make VCMP famous with more users , this is the best way i think. And one more thing, in SAMP all gamemodes are very different. Even they are from same released gamemode.

Sebastian

Quote from: SoFahim on Jul 22, 2015, 08:03 AMSAMP all gamemodes are very different. Even they are from same released gamemode.

Because guys are actually developing more that released gamemode. But not in our case ... our playerbase is full of .... that will do nothing more but hosting them as they are.

SoFahim

Quote from: sseebbyy on Jul 22, 2015, 08:14 AM
Quote from: SoFahim on Jul 22, 2015, 08:03 AMSAMP all gamemodes are very different. Even they are from same released gamemode.

Because guys are actually developing more that released gamemode. But not in our case ... our playerbase is full of .... that will do nothing more but hosting them as they are.

Do you Have Facebook? I hope you have, Have a look at them. It really shit, Because they are taking free Host, and host there server, which make no sense. I have VPS ( dedicate) but I don't have scripting knowledge about SQ. thats the problem. BTW END OF THIS CONVERTION, THIS is a gamemode shows thread. Let him post too. No more offtopic talking

Sebastian

Quote from: SoFahim on Jul 22, 2015, 08:21 AMI have VPS ( dedicate) but I don't have scripting knowledge about SQ. thats the problem.

And you are just an example of guy that won't develop the gm anymore, and just hosting it.
@Thijn can you remove these off-topic replies plz ? :D

Aldo

Quote from: Stormeus on Jul 22, 2015, 07:50 AMThen the problem becomes people just spamming the master list with the same server script over and over, not understanding anything about it. I'd bet that at least half of the Squirrel support threads are because someone just copied VCCNR or Warchiefs and hit a brick wall when they actually needed to add a feature.

Servers should be unique, and therefore scripts should be unique, so you won't see me advocating for open source scripts either. Besides, Shadow's server is dependent on client and server modification modules that haven't even been released yet.

You mean like all the GUPS servers back in 3zR2? lel
https://www.aldo-aldo.com

Contact me at [email protected] and I probably won't get back to you. :)

SoFahim

Quote from: sseebbyy on Jul 22, 2015, 08:28 AM
Quote from: SoFahim on Jul 22, 2015, 08:21 AMI have VPS ( dedicate) but I don't have scripting knowledge about SQ. thats the problem.

And you are just an example of guy that won't develop the gm anymore, and just hosting it.
@Thijn can you remove these off-topic replies plz ? :D

I was developing , But for some problem. I don't work with scripting ( VCMP ) now. don't get it like fool. I didn't say that I never did. I am scripting in SAMP this time. Thats why, I on't work with VCMP script for now

Shadow

I got around making an inventory system and I will add more stuff to it but I'd like to know if you guys like the current format? Is there room for improvement?

Click here to view it

Here is the datasheet using for it:

Quote40 from above
80 -     8 x 80 x 93   - 80
80 -     8 x 80 x 93   - 80             32 boxes
   40 from below

This is the prototype with horizontal and vertical padding included

Datasheet:

Quote40 from above
65 -     8 x 80 x 93 + 15 padding for each   - 65
   15 padding
65 -     8 x 80 x 93 + 15 padding for each   - 65             32 boxes
   15 padding
   15 padding
   40 from below
QuotePS:is trash is ur home language??

Sebastian

A bit too big, but still looks great. Good job. ;)

KAKAN

When the server is gonna get released? Waiting for it from a long time
oh no

Rocky

Looks very promising shady. Please don't drop it man. Good luck :)