Major Client Update 0.4.5 Released (2018-06-23)

Started by Stormeus, Jun 23, 2018, 02:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stormeus

A major update has been released for VC:MP. This update largely focuses on optimization and stability but also brings new features that require both the server and client to be updated for it to work, so the version is bumped to 04rel005.

Server owners: server and plugin updates can be found in this thread. See the footnotes at the bottom of this post for additional information relevant to you.

Client
  • Updated the 7-Zip and XML components.[nb]Server owners: the XML parser is stricter about errors now. Use an XML validator to make sure your XML files are correct or the client may not load your content.[/nb]
  • Reduced the amount of bandwidth needed to sync players and vehicles.
  • Reduced the amount of bandwidth used when playing on high framerates (i.e. 60fps).
  • Unrelated to bandwidth changes, vehicles should now appear to move more smoothly and warp less frequently.
  • Improved the quality of on-foot sync when standing or crouching in one spot.
  • Modified how the netcode handles time-sensitive packets to optimize low-quality connections a bit.
  • Added a client-side scripting function, System.SetClipboardText(string), for putting text in the player's clipboard.
  • Added a client-side scripting function, World.SetStadiumText(string), for changing the text shown on the scrollbar on Hyman Memorial Stadium.[nb]The stadium supports a very limited character set. Lowercase letters are not supported; certain types of punctuation may not render.[/nb]
  • Custom hitscan and melee weapons now report their custom weapon ID, rather than the ID of the weapon they simulate.[nb]Server owners: the default death messages will report custom weapons as their unknown since it does not parse custom weapon names. You need to override this behavior yourself by disabling automatic death messages and sending your own messages when players die.[/nb]
  • Radio station playheads are now randomized when starting the game so radio stations don't play the same music in the same order every time.
  • When spectating a player, the radar will now be centered on the spectate target.
  • The scale of the radar can now be adjusted like in 0.3.
    • A new config option has been added: game_radar_scale with a default value of 1.0.
    • A new config option has been added: game_radar_scalekey, defaulting to the F9 key.
    • Pressing the game_radar_scalekey will adjust the size of the radar in preset increments. You can also set the scale more precisely using /setconfig.
  • Players who've been knocked down no longer have their nametags disappear when their heads hit the ground.
  • Players no longer flinch when other players bump into them.
  • Vehicle lights are now synced. Fixes vehicle lights being unrepairable.
  • Player::PlayerShoot is now triggered when firing explosives, projectiles, flamethrowers, and detonators. Note that hitEntity will be null in these cases, and hitPosition will be Vector(0, 0, 0).
  • Fixed Player::PlayerShoot not triggering when in first-person aim mode or when using the Sea Sparrow/Hunter.
  • Fixed players getting "punch bugged," or having their animations reset for the local player when punching them.
  • Fixed players dying with the same animation regardless of which body part they were shot in.[nb]As an example, if a player dies from a shot to the right arm, they will now play the animation where they grab their right shoulder and collapse.[/nb]
  • Fixed drivers and passengers not being able to jump off of bikes.
  • Fixed a race condition where custom radar icons could be replaced by the Wave 103 icon if radar blips are created before the client has finished loading textures.
  • Fixed the client-side constructor GUILabel(position, colour, text, flags) to properly show text.
  • Fixed clients crashing when passing null values to client-side scripting functions.
  • Fixed radar blips glitching when being redirected to another server via /allowredirect.
  • Fixed colours of lines of text in the console being reset to white in some scenarios.[nb]See this bug report.[/nb]
  • Fixed custom vehicles with weapon attachments not having synced fire.
  • Fixed clients crashing when parsing invalid script files.
  • Fixed players being able to fire heavy weapons like the M4 very rapidly while walking via a camera glitch.
  • Fixed most cases where the client would deadlock while loading, resulting in a "Injected thread is hung" error.
  • Fixed game_framereserve and game_reconattempts not updating until quitting and reopening VC:MP when using /setconfig.
  • Fixed a crash when loading custom objects with time constraints.
  • Fixed a crash when viewing the map from the game menu.
  • Fixed players with joysticks/analog pads having bugged move animations.
  • Miscellaneous performance and reliability improvements.
This update will take effect upon reloading the browser.

Thanks to our new beta testers (@rww, @Doom_Kill3R, @Drake, @NewK, and @Sebastian) for validating these changes.

vitogta

QuoteThe scale of the radar can now be adjusted like in 0.3.
Player::PlayerShoot is now triggered when firing explosives, projectiles, flamethrowers, and detonators. Note that hitEntity and hitPosition will be null in these cases.
QuoteFixed players with joysticks/analog pads having bugged move animations.
Awesome update.
edit: i've tested game_radar_scale 2.000000 radar became is bigger https://i.imgur.com/A0i7clz.png but area of view is same, as i remeber scaling in 0.3 were affected on area of view in radar (maybe i am wrong)
F9 also resetting scale from 2.0 to 1.0
edit2: Player::PlayerShoot also not working for fpv, shotguns (not listed in update but still...) and explosives.
Error in CEvents::OnPlayerShoot: Attempted to pass null reference to client function requiring a valid objectedit3: Fixed players with joysticks/analog pads having bugged move animations.
also not synced :(
now its teleporting instead sliding

MatheuS

if( !sucess ) tryAgain();
Thanks to the VCMP community. It was the happiest period of my life.

Stormeus

Quote from: vitogta on Jun 23, 2018, 02:28 AMPlayer::PlayerShoot also not working for fpv and explosives.
Fixed. Instead of showing null for the position it'll report Vector(0, 0, 0) now.

vitogta

Quote from: Stormeus on Jun 23, 2018, 03:26 AM
Quote from: vitogta on Jun 23, 2018, 02:28 AMPlayer::PlayerShoot also not working for fpv and explosives.
Fixed. Instead of showing null for the position it'll report Vector(0, 0, 0) now.
Thanks. Still not working in FPV and Seasparrow (and shotguns)
Also during testing it in Sea sparrow I were kicked by server (when exit sea sparrow)

add: same with bike, and probably any vehicle
*fixed

Stormeus

Quote from: vitogta on Jun 23, 2018, 03:36 AMduring testing it in Sea sparrow I were kicked by server (when exit sea sparrow)

I can't reproduce this at all, are you using any sort of mods? Can you offer any additional details?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3PcO516pdc

vitogta

Quote from: Stormeus on Jun 23, 2018, 03:47 AMI can't reproduce this at all, are you using any sort of mods? Can you offer any additional details?
I use no mods could affect it. Try with holding colt on hands.

Stormeus

Quote from: vitogta on Jun 23, 2018, 03:49 AM
Quote from: Stormeus on Jun 23, 2018, 03:47 AMI can't reproduce this at all, are you using any sort of mods? Can you offer any additional details?
I use no mods could affect it. Try with holding colt on hands.

Got it, will fix in a second.

[Elv]Woodland

MEGAMIND

ℛḝξ☂

It is exciting to read the updates and news, nice job devs!
I may be a slow walker but I am always walking.

[FCr]Sheep

My friend developer make it this is version to all vcmp server 04rel005 please i ened the paly dying animation part please make it in all serever

Vegito

NicusorN5

Quote from: Vegito on Jun 23, 2018, 02:05 PMman where can i download 04rel005 :c
lol it is there, just read more carefully

Piterus

Love you because this:

QuoteRadio station playheads are now randomized when starting the game so radio stations don't play the same music in the same order every time.
VC:MP since 2012, LU-DM Team Owner, some other things also in the past.