onPlayerStateChange

Started by BeckzyBoi, Jun 30, 2018, 09:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeckzyBoi

Sometimes onPlayerStateChange is called rapidly (more than once per second) and the oldState and newState are the same. Sorry if this is already known, but I did search the forum for "onPlayerStateChange" and didn't find any such report.

kennedyarz

and what kind of reports do you expect? is more used for functions Distance from point to point I suppose. such as executing an action when you are near a point.
Example:

function onScriptLoad()
{
BankIcon <- array(100, null );
}

function onPlayerStateChange( player, oldState, newState )
{
if(DistanceFromPoint( player.Pos.x, player.Pos.y,-908.874,-342.258)<50)
{
if(BankIcon[player.ID]==null) BankIcon[player.ID]=CreateMarker(player.UniqueWorld, Vector(-908.874,-342.258,10), 1, RGB(0, 0, 0),24);
}
if(DistanceFromPoint( player.Pos.x, player.Pos.y,-908.874,-342.258)>50)
{
if(BankIcon[player.ID]!=null) DestroyMarker(BankIcon[player.ID]),BankIcon[player.ID]=null;
}
}

which creates an icon when you're near the bank and disappears when you get away

BeckzyBoi

Quote from: kennedyarz on Jun 30, 2018, 01:37 PMand what kind of reports do you expect? is more used for functions Distance from point to point I suppose. such as executing an action when you are near a point.
Example:

function onScriptLoad()
{
BankIcon <- array(100, null );
}

function onPlayerStateChange( player, oldState, newState )
{
if(DistanceFromPoint( player.Pos.x, player.Pos.y,-908.874,-342.258)<50)
{
if(BankIcon[player.ID]==null) BankIcon[player.ID]=CreateMarker(player.UniqueWorld, Vector(-908.874,-342.258,10), 1, RGB(0, 0, 0),24);
}
if(DistanceFromPoint( player.Pos.x, player.Pos.y,-908.874,-342.258)>50)
{
if(BankIcon[player.ID]!=null) DestroyMarker(BankIcon[player.ID]),BankIcon[player.ID]=null;
}
}

which creates an icon when you're near the bank and disappears when you get away

I expecpted it to be called when the player's state changes from oldState to newState. Thanks for replying anyway.