Windows 10 issues

Started by Milko, Oct 13, 2018, 11:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milko

Hi.

So I recently installed Windows 10 and have been playing VCMP for a while. My issue is that when the frame limiter is off, my FPS tends to be rather unstable or choppy - it's weird. I can play GTA 5 on ultra with no FPS drops, so there must be something wrong.

Though, after installation of the OS, I haven't installed any redistributables or .net framework versions. VCMP worked straight away.

I need some ideas to troubleshoot this... thing.

EK.IceFlake

Try /setconfig game_streammem 200.

Milko

Didn't work. Anything else?

/edit: I ran fraps to check the FPS and it showed 59-60 even when there was noticable FPS jitter.

DizzasTeR

You most likely have Game DVR recorder recording your game in background (maybe last 30 seconds or whatever). Give it a check.

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: Milko on Oct 13, 2018, 01:53 PMDidn't work. Anything else?

/edit: I ran fraps to check the FPS and it showed 59-60 even when there was noticable FPS jitter.
Try updating your graphics drivers.

Milko

Quote from: Doom_Kill3R on Oct 13, 2018, 02:19 PMYou most likely have Game DVR recorder recording your game in background (maybe last 30 seconds or whatever). Give it a check.

I did. It had been off and still is. The issue is still there. I might as well fiddle with cmd to completely disable it like delivery optimization. Thank you though.

Quote from: EK.IceFlake on Oct 13, 2018, 03:25 PM
Quote from: Milko on Oct 13, 2018, 01:53 PMDidn't work. Anything else?

Try updating your graphics drivers.

This is the #1 solution which is also #1 that doesn't do shit.

NicusorN5

Anyway many servers don't allow the framerate limiter to be turned off.

EK.IceFlake

Quote from: Athanatos on Oct 14, 2018, 08:21 AMAnyway many servers don't allow the framerate limiter to be turned off.
Only LW's that I'm aware of. VKs, EC and VCCnR all allow disabling frame limiter.

Milko

It's not the frame limit that I have issues with. I play 60 fps servers as well, but that's not the point.
The point is that something's wrong and I need a solution.

Radon

From where did you got the windows 10 copy? It is from Microsoft's official site?

Xenon

Did you try to turn off and on fullscreen in-game? I know it's sounds stupid, but that's solved my friend's choppy-look framerate on Windows 10.

Milko

Quote from: Radon on Oct 17, 2018, 06:49 PMFrom where did you got the windows 10 copy? It is from Microsoft's official site?

That don't matter.

Radon

Quote from: Milko on Oct 18, 2018, 11:34 AMThat don't matter.
yes, it could matter too, also from the source where you're downloading it, as you may wake up with any kind of malware or broken feature or different stuff you may not want to have