Sprites/Textdraw Relativity

Started by aXXo, May 10, 2015, 05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aXXo

The SetRelativeForAll function works great on different GTAVC ingame resolutions, but does not take into account the client's screen resolution.

So, if I set a sprite's position at 1024x768 ingame and change my desktop's resolution to 1366x768, the sprite's position would be inaccurate. This is a problem since we have a lot of players who have their screen resolution at best 1024x768.

A part of the problem is, that only the position of the sprite is considered, not its size. So if there is a sprite that covers almost the entire screen at 1366x768, it gets trimmed from a corner on screen resolutions lesser than that.

Please let me know if any more information is required.

Sebastian

VC's engine seems to be able to resize sprites. (e.g. fonts)
Maybe Stormeus will be able to access that feature too, and make the relative pos better.

Stormeus

Quote from: sseebbyy on May 10, 2015, 07:12 PMVC's engine seems to be able to resize sprites. (e.g. fonts)
Maybe Stormeus will be able to access that feature too, and make the relative pos better.

VC's sprite drawing functions (at least those that we've discovered) don't support rotation, which is why DirectX sprites were used instead.

Looking into automatic sprite scaling.

Stormeus

Done, to be pushed in an upcoming update.

aXXo

This is fixed for the majority of the players, but some players are getting incorrect scaling. So far, I found out that @WiLsOn and @TomZ face the issue. The common thing about them is they are playing at 1024x768 on Integrated Graphics.

Though, when I tried to use Integrated Graphics on 1024x768 personally, I can't reproduce the issue.

It appears that VCMP can not detect what resolution they are playing at, so it scales in reference to a very large resolution by default.
Is it possible to scale the sprites in reference to 1024x768 as a default value?

DizzasTeR

Vcmp scales on that resolution by default. I noticed that TomZ has a monitor not an LCD so I wonder if that counts to help debug this byt none the other players complained, for Wilson I don't know but ffor TomZ that is the only explanation.