Bug comes with boat's spawn

Started by Kenneth Law, May 06, 2019, 01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenneth Law

I found a very interesting bug which took me about two days to finally figure out how it occurred. The bug is about the spawn of vehicles and the following is the description of it.
Whenever I spawn a boat anywhere, the boat will simply stay at the spawn location without being affected by gravity if there is no player nearby it. And only when a player gets close to the boat, it falls down. For instance, the spawn position for  a boat is Vector(0, 0, 500), and if none of player is around it after it spawns, it will keep stay in the sky at the altitude of 500 instead of falling down itself for the sake of gravity. If you want to test this strange phenomenon, just use player.SetCameraPos to move your view to where the boat is supposed to spawn and spawn it with command while you make sure there is no one near the boat, and take a look at the funny frozen boat being suspended in sky.
This bug only works for boat but not for other types of vehicles. I don't know why but it is really irrational!

NicusorN5

It also worked when teleporting vehicles from a larger distance. Normal VCs behiavour (happends in sp too, i teleported a vehicle in scm from the Police HQ in Washington to Downtown and it floated too).

D4rkR420R

Quote from: Athanatos on May 06, 2019, 02:33 PMIt also worked when teleporting vehicles from a larger distance. Normal VCs behiavour (happends in sp too, i teleported a vehicle in scm from the Police HQ in Washington to Downtown and it floated too).

I witnessed this behavior too when I spawned a Sea Sparrow in middle of the air while driving the Hydra.

Stormeus

The server doesn't simulate physics. For physics to work, you need a player nearby to do the simulation and synchronize the results.