>>>VPS<<<

Started by TarGet_Killer, Jun 07, 2015, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TarGet_Killer

Can I Start A Server On This VPS.

Yeah sure, why not. Although the CPU might b a little low.

ysc3839

Note that some VPS may cheat you. Last year I bought a VPS, it say the CPU is 2.4GHz but I see it's 100MHz with 24 cores! The VPS is very slow like a 20-year-old computer! So please be careful.
A CPU with lots of cores may useless in most conditions, because most applications can't support multi-threads, it only can use ONE core.

MacTavish

0.5 core means an pentium 3 processor with 500mhz. Its too low and i am sure that is an free vps

Grand Hunting Project
Join #SLC, #KAKAN, #Doom, #GHP @LUnet

Retired VC:MP Player/Scripter :P

Quote from: Beztone on Jun 07, 2015, 12:00 PM0.5 core means an pentium 3 processor with 500mhz. Its too low and i am sure that is an free vps

Do not think that the frequency is the decisive factor in CPU power. A modern 0.5Ghz CPU/Core is much more powerful than a 0.5Ghz PentiumIII CPU. I won't get into details because it would be pointless to discuss it here.

Thijn

That isn't a free VPS by the looks of it (I google'd the specs), but 0.5 core CPU is way to slow.

Normal hosting providers don't say 0.5 core, they say the speed and core. 0.5 core of what?
My advise: Don't buy from a company that clearly doesn't know what they're talking about.

maxorator

That's more likely to mean that a core is shared between two customers. Might be better than many of those who don't give a core count at all, since in those cases you have no idea how many customers may be on one core.

Stormeus

How exactly are they able to provide DDoS protection and 24/7 security security monitoring? DDoS mitigation is extremely expensive for even major corporations. I'm also curious as to how the security monitoring is done.

@stormeus But you have to admit that it looks damn good on paper. Just as long as you don't get curious about it. Like you're doing now ;D

Aldo

>Get $5
>Go to ramnode.com
>Order a premium OpenVZ SSD VPS for $5/m
>Pay the invoice
>VPS is provisioned
>Login to VPS
>Setup VPS for what you want to host on it
>???
>Profit
https://www.aldo-aldo.com

Contact me at [email protected] and I probably won't get back to you. :)

Thijn

Quote from: Aldo on Jun 09, 2015, 02:01 PM>Get $5
>Go to ramnode.com
>Pay the invoice
>VPS is provisioned
>Login to VPS
>???
>Profit
You don't get profit by spending $5.
But you're right.

PlayerX

Ranmode is good, I buy VPS for 1 year.
If some see me on a server and see that I'm not from Argentina, is an impostor >_>.
Playing since 9 years.

Hellboy

Quote from: Aldo on Jun 09, 2015, 02:01 PM>Get $5
>Go to ramnode.com
>Pay the invoice
>VPS is provisioned
>Login to VPS
>???
>Profit
Windows Or Linux

Thijn

Linux of course. Windows has a lot more overhead then Linux, and needs a more expensive VPS.

Aldo

Quote from: Hellboy on Jun 10, 2015, 01:35 AMWindows Or Linux
OpenVZ only supports linux based operating systems. Unless you go with a KVM to use windows, then you're gonna have to pay more and you will have to get your own license(If you go with RamNode).

You're better off going with the $5 Premium OpenVZ SSD VPS which you have to if you want to host game servers on RamNode and the Premium line comes with E3's and have a lower amount of clients per node compared to the standard plans.
512MB Ram, 2 E3 cores, 50GB of SSD storage, and 2TB of bandwidth for $5/m which will host your VCMP server, Teamspeak server, and Website is an amazing deal tbh.
https://www.aldo-aldo.com

Contact me at [email protected] and I probably won't get back to you. :)