My VCMP Server Documentation

Started by GangstaRas, Jun 18, 2015, 07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GangstaRas

This is part of my work I was talking about in SLC's video tutorial for scripting topic. What I have so far is a basic run-through of the capabilities of Squirrel language and a detailed description in layman's terms of:
  • The ideal layout of files and folders
  • Files necessary for a server
  • Brief review of the importance of:
    • server.cfg
    • server.conf
    • server.exe
    • main.nut
    • plugin DLLs
  • Detailed review of the each setting from the templates of server.cfg, server.conf and main.nut (the ones I don't have any experience in are labelled TBD/TBFD i.e. to be deduced/to be fully deduced)

Some of these things I have no info on I see them on the wiki has so I'll fill it in from there once I get to it. I plan to include a scripting guide that will incorporate my experiences with functions not detailed in the wiki currently (or outdated depending on where you search) and the info on the ones that are on the wiki.

Also I'll have an index on the IDs (with their pics ofcourse) of vehicles, objects, pickups and the skins and eventually compile this file into a PDF file with the bookmarks but for now, in this word document you can easily navigate to each heading in the navigation pane.

Anyone willing to read it and help out the cause please do as I wouldn't want to officially publish something full of wrong info and 98% of this so far is totally from my experience and understanding.

Download Link:
http://www.2shared.com/file/0G3mwI1K/Concise_Review_of_VCMP_Scripti.html

Thijn

Only had the time to read the first few pages, but it looks very very very well explained.
Mirror for lazy people: http://vcmp.thijn.ovh/files/Concise%20Review%20of%20VCMP%20Scripting.docx

ysc3839

I think you should put it on the Wiki :)

GangstaRas

GangstaRas

UPDATE:

I added information now most of the commands and tags and remade everything into a PDF document. I'll publish that once I get around making a cover page I like.

A new approach I'm going to take is that for now I won't post one big PDF file with everything, I'm going to break it into 3 files (i.e. the stuff i wrote in that doc, the ID index sheets and the scripting guide) so that the sections are a bit easier to assess.

With that said do these tags in server.conf still do something? Cuz if they do, I dont notice their functions.

[spoiler]<FrameLimiter>
<SyncFrameLimiter>
<FastSwitch>[/spoiler]

Thijn

Quote from: GangstaRas on Jun 24, 2015, 08:26 PMWith that said do these tags in server.conf still do something? Cuz if they do, I dont notice their functions.
Yes they do. Im not sure what they do, but they do get send to the server. They expect an true/false statement.